Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

couple of 304 questions

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
yes it's that time of year again, managed to save some scratch and i'm looking at an engine transplant. ( i know i always get this idea, and then something eats my savings and i'm back to square 1)

anyway, to begin i know something's worth what someone's willing to pay. that said what's a reasonable price for a 304 with and without transmission (i'd ideally get one with a t5 behind it, but seem to only see with the auto box backing them up.

also correct me if i'm wrong but all the 304s up til vs were basically the same, and can legally be put in a vp right? VT s1 they used roller lifters so would that need engineering?

also is it vr where the security features came in that need a new bcm?

dunno85

life's a garden dig it
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss 6L 6speed
you can buy my vs 5L t5 brand new heavy duty clutch brand new advance headers and brand new lukey 2 1/12 inch exhaust cai loom. motor and box have 183202ks on the clock and for the right price you can have the haltec computer i bought for it .my car is in vic at the moment to so it would be easy for ya to pick up and less stress for me trying to get it home so everybody wins lol