Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

couple of trim questions

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
Anyone know if the rear quarter panel windows metal trim is removable without removing the whole assem if so how :)
also can the inner door window seals/trim be removed without removing the door trims...
just thought Id ask before breaking something ...again :)

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
also can the inner door window seals/trim be removed without removing the door trims...
just thought Id ask before breaking something ...again :)

Yes but it's easier if you do remove the door trims. At the very least, pull the top of the door trim away from the door.

If you are removing the belt moulds to replace the rubber that has fallen off, it's easy to reglue them. I use epoxy to do it. If the rubbers appear to have disappeared it's possible that they're in the door cavity. That means they can be retrieved and reattached.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hi
Anyone know if the rear quarter panel windows metal trim is removable without removing the whole assem if so how :)

If you mean the opera windows behind the door on the C pillar then no, fraid not. The whole thing is a single vulcanised unit. VN/VP were the removable type. If you want plain jane you'll need to source an exec or similar.

With the inner strips, you can end up damaging your lock button and curling the strips if you just rip them out. I always pop the orange tab/lock and unscrew the lock trim from the door, then pull the trim studs out a touch before I take them off.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Thanks for the reply's my window strips have all been badly re glued at some time, I was thinking that it would be a lot of work to remove the door trims just to re glue them badly so maybe they can be removed without it :)
If you mean the opera windows behind the door on the C pillar then no, fraid not
Hmm I think we are talking about the same thing bugga!! someone has painted the metal trim strips with some sort of liquid rubber and it looks like %^%$ Ive seen full sets of the chrome ones pop up on ebay and thought they came out as a separate piece
Thanks

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Thanks for the reply's my window strips have all been badly re glued at some time, I was thinking that it would be a lot of work to remove the door trims just to re glue them badly so maybe they can be removed without it :)

It's not hard to remove the doors trims though; maybe 5 mins. Those moulds are almost giveaways (with the rubbers separated) from wreckers. They're easy to reglue (there's no excuse for doing it badly either). It's just about the first thing I do to a newly acquired VN-VS. It makes a heap of difference to how the car presents and stops the windows rattling (a bit).

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Thanks it on the gunna do list.... thinking I might get some stato ones,you can never have to much chrome :)