Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Couple Problems

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
Hey guys I just have 2 problems at the moment and I am not too sure what one of them is and the other I am not too sure how to fix.

Problem 1:
My rear demister is not working. I noticed that the connection on the window has actually come off on the right hand side. I understand this this would stop it working but I dont no how to fix this. It does look like it is just soldered on but I am not sure. Does any one know how to fix this?

Problem 2:
I this this is a suspenion relateded problem. My car is very squeaky. When ever my car goes over a bump, or just wobbles or something like that under my car squeaks. I dont think it would be the springs because they are only a few months old. I also have a camber kit which was purchased at the same time. I dont know much about suspension but I think it may be bushes or something? If it helps I have only noticed the squeaking since my last all-wheel allingmnt about a month ago.

If anyone could help me with this that wuld be great.
Thanx guys

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
The rear demister thingo came off i the folks old mitsubishi colt :sleeping: and anyways the old man is pretty damn proficient with a soldering iron and whacked it back on, ........... , and then back on, ......... and then back on, you might have better luck with your commo though, dunno the full story of why it came off, being knee high to a grasshopper and all.

Dunno bout your suspension. You running fat treads that are rubbing?

Apoc.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
bounce each corner of the car and see where the squeek comes from then get under the car and have a good look. sway bar bushes tend to get shaggedout but they seem to make more of a clunking type noise when going around corners etc, if it's in the rear check the panhard rod bushes, these also get flogged out. to check these get somebody to push the body sideways while you watch the bushes(wheels must be on the ground for this). if you find a suspect bush spray it with crc 5.56 and go for a spin, if the squeek goes way for a whileyou found the culprit.;)

edit: u say you have new springs... lowered i'm guessing, did you get a adjustable panhard rod fitted???? if you haven't you may find that the rear drivers side wheel is rubbing inside the guard, just jack up the body and stick your head inside the guard and look for a smooth clean patch where the wheels been rubbing??? also with the car sitting normally measure the gaps between the wheels and the gaurds on each side and see if their different.....

richie_cky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Model
dont even think about soldering ur window unless u have experience in soldering...
Buy some conductive glue from supercheap/autobarn for like $10 and glue it back on. Saves forking out money when you crack your window from poor soldering techniques...
Very hot things and glass do not mix..

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
immortality said:
bounce each corner of the car and see where the squeek comes from then get under the car and have a good look. sway bar bushes tend to get shaggedout but they seem to make more of a clunking type noise when going around corners etc, if it's in the rear check the panhard rod bushes, these also get flogged out. to check these get somebody to push the body sideways while you watch the bushes(wheels must be on the ground for this). if you find a suspect bush spray it with crc 5.56 and go for a spin, if the squeek goes way for a whileyou found the culprit.;)

edit: u say you have new springs... lowered i'm guessing, did you get a adjustable panhard rod fitted???? if you haven't you may find that the rear drivers side wheel is rubbing inside the guard, just jack up the body and stick your head inside the guard and look for a smooth clean patch where the wheels been rubbing??? also with the car sitting normally measure the gaps between the wheels and the gaurds on each side and see if their different.....
Hey thanx for the tip i looked under the car to see where the noise was roughly coming from and i tried spraying WD40 around one bush at time. I found that my Camber kit was the problem. I dont understand why, because It is only new. But i think I might just have to go ahead and replace it. You got any ideas of what kit I should get? I was thinking KMAC but they are expensive. Any thing else got theat you Know of?
Thanx again