Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Couple questions regarding VZ Wagon

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
1. Do these cars have airbags in the passenger seats? I took the seat out and now im getting an airbag error.

2. Has anyone bought the ebay ignition coils? Any success with them? I have the LE0 engine and it seems pretty hard to find coils for this motor on ebay.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Was there a yellow cable under the seat? That would be for the Air Bag.
I have bought coils for my LEO from mace. 5 are ok, 1 failed in a few months. You can also get them from Repco, Super cheap etc.

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I got a diag scan done at Supercheap but their tool couldn't communicate with the ECU, so it couldn't give me the engine fault codes (the car misses like crazy and the dash keeps telling me to get it serviced), but the air bag error is now gone so at least that's a good thing. The VT chair did have a yellow plug.

Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any pins or wires missing on the diag port? And maybe direct me to a wiring diagram so I can check that everything is working correctly? (Can't find one anywhere)

Screenshot_20190326-101732-658.jpg
Screenshot_20190326-101748-064.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Get someone with a Tech 2 to have a look.
ECM faults can also result in diagnostic tools not being able to communicate with the vehicle.

Faulty computers are becoming what VZ’s do best.