Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

covers

oOSparkyOo

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vt series 2 calais
Hey would a engine cover for an ecotec fit a 93vr i seen them on eBay for vs on but nothing bout just a 3.8 it might sound dumb but i don't know if difference :) be kind ive alrdy used the search button

and would a cold air intake kit fit right on a v6 VR ?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
The engine cover won't fit because the top of the series 1 V6 (VN series 2 to VR) is different to the top of the series 2 V6 (also known as ECOTEC used in VS to VY)... the technical explanation is that the series 2 has a shorter deck height.

The VS supercharged V6 over the radiator cold air intake will fit perfectly, you'll need to cut a bit extra off the airbox bottom half where the hole is

oOSparkyOo

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vt series 2 calais
ty is there a engine cover available from Holden cause eBay does have any for just a vr or should i be looking something else up on eBay for the right cover ?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
In Australia the VN-VR V6's never came with a cover (if you're talking about the plastic cover), which is why the plenum on a VN-VR has 3800 engraved in it (the plenum on a VS is blank because the plastic cover is the "top")... you can get the valve rocker covers though, they're the same for VN-VY V6s.

If you're really keen I know of a forum member here (I think it was HoZy) imported a cover from America though with postage and possibly modifications it's a lot of work.

Sorry to forget but just to add: Another reason the VS-VY has the cover is to retain heat, basically so the engine can get to the optimal operating temperature quicker

EDIT: This is a listing for the rocker covers I mentioned: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VALVE-ROCKER...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318 though I think you can get them cheaper retail

oOSparkyOo

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vt series 2 calais
thx anyways that might be the way to go its just wanted the engine bay to look neater then grayish alloy figure the vr was in the vs series but then i looked at the different and yeah i get ya point

OzJD

Reaction score
Website
jeltel.com.au
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice V II (V8)
You can get it off ebay international, Search for Buick GM 3800 Cover or similar