Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

COVID-19 Stat Check

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I've seriously thinking for the first time ever , getting a flu jab this year , we get them free of charge through my work
I don't know why that over here people compare the situation in NZ to Italy and Spain , two very different countries compared to NZ , both politically and socially .

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Had Australia taken more swift action and closed its international boarders in late Jan while also instituting mandatory quarantine for the stranglers still coming in, then we’d not need to have worried about social distancing and the type of shutdowns and cost we’ve seen to date

But they didn't want to damage the economy :rolleyes:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Just deviating back to cruise ships for second.....the World has been loitering off the WA coast for a while making a star pattern. Cick on the ship and then click Past Track.

What are they playing at ?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just deviating back to cruise ships for second.....the World has been loitering off the WA coast for a while making a star pattern. Cick on the ship and then click Past Track.

What are they playing at ?
I think people live on that one, so maybe they're just going to go around in circles out there with a few refueling stops until this thing is over?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Having each Aus state make their own confusing, contradicting rules which people interpret loosely to their own benefit is not helping much.
Why do the rules in one state make any difference to the observance of rules in another ?

Apparently Daniel Andrews has said that it is OK to spend Easter at your holiday home.
Gladys BJ and the NSW police have said it is not OK, and a NSW Govt Minister is likely to cop a fine for doing just that.
And that is not confusing. ? Just sayin'. Personally it not affecting me what others do in other states. I'm not going anywhere now.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
I've seriously thinking for the first time ever , getting a flu jab this year , we get them free of charge through my work
I don't know why that over here people compare the situation in NZ to Italy and Spain , two very different countries compared to NZ , both politically and socially .
I’d recommend it mate. I had my first one a couple of years ago through my employer and the doc said it was a good thing to do.
Then my employer stopped offering it until again this year. So I went and had the shot a couple of weeks ago.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Just on the holiday house thing.
Who is to say people are always using it as a "holiday" for this time of year.
With some recent rains and loads of sunshine some of these places still need maintenance to keep them tidy and not turn into potential fire risks.
Simple things such as mowing the grass, keeping a garden tidy and all those things that although might seem minimal at times can add up.

We have friends with a place in a holiday spot. Asked them about a few general maintenance things and keeping on top of it.
Luckily they have great neighbours from up there that were kind enough to say they would do the stuff like mentioned above.
While some others aren't in such a position, or haven't bothered to get to know their neighbours so well.

If people are going away for a holiday as such then yeah, fair enough call them out for it.
But there are plenty of others out there who just want to go and while they have a few days get on top of those small things.

But as for the restrictions. Give it time. Wait until the numbers get down to 0 or 1 a day for a few days in a row and then once it can be tracked easily. Most likely the restrictions will be backed off 1 step, but with all the other requirements in place. And then see how it goes from there.
Although I have a feeling the Vic Gov must be enjoying the income at the moment from fines, have to keep the cash flowing in somehow, they will be the ones that stuff it up for themselves because of greed.