Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

COVID-19 Stat Check

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I guess we'll have to wait until this summer to see how that thought pans out

Reports are that YTD presentations are already down on last year. As you say, we will only know at the end of the season.

One bonus is that presentations for sporting and motor vehicle accident injuries are way down. Will be interesting to see the numbers of DIY reno injuries and how they are tracking to historical data.

How long can ScoMo keep our economy in 'hibernation'?

I'm not sure Scomo will necessarily have a lot of say in it.

McGowan's (WA Premier) stated priority is getting the state economy going again while maintaining the hard border to the rest of the world.

It's all still some time off though.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Don't personally know anyone infected either. I'd love to know what Australia's plan is for dealing with this. The most realistic method seems to be to slowly build up the heard immunity so the majority of people build up resistance to the corona virus and it's no longer a major threat. Problem is that means 80% of the population needs to catch it and recover in order to reach that level and that means losing an estimated 3 to 4% of people.
Nobody wants that to happen so they are banking everything on everyone hiding away at home indefinitely. **** situation but I don't see how forcing the whole population to hide at home is a practical solution :(

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Everything I read about SARS 2 ( corona 19 ) it reacts the same as influenza virus A which is the worst, B and C are more common flu each year, I wounder how they tell the 2 apart SARS and influenza virus A act the same way in lot of cases, I been coughing up phlegm for 5 days don't know if its SARS 2 or not haven't been tested or been out for 5 weeks.

If you look at all the 2018-2019 influenza flu session you wounder why they didn't close down America last year,
America
CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.

Australia,

18th August 2019 report,
  • Nearly 217,000 Australians have been diagnosed with influenza so far this year
  • The national death toll officially stands at 430

Last year should of being a pandemic according to these figures. Unless we just seeing the start before winter hits then its nothing but a hoax, you got more chance of dying of the flu than SARS 2.0
    People who do get SARS 2.0 have a 90% rate of fighting it off making a full recovery, is it really worth destroying the worlds economy over? Is it worth destroying small business over? I don't see it, maybe they taken this shut down a little to far in Australia closing boarders would of being a no brainer but took to long to act so now we have a few cases with the majority been travellers who are effected.

Every year 65yo and over are at risk of dying from influenza A or B we don't shut for that. That's my opinion.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
One bonus is that presentations for sporting and motor vehicle accident injuries are way down. Will be interesting to see the numbers of DIY reno injuries and how they are tracking to historical data.

hahaha...yes I was thinking similar yesterday when a woman I spoke to said Bunnings was way busier than Coles and Woolworths.
....but there's still a short supply of dunny paper!!

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Everything I read about SARS 2 ( corona 19 ) it reacts the same as influenza virus A which is the worst, B and C are more common flu each year, I wounder how they tell the 2 apart SARS and influenza virus A act the same way in lot of cases, I been coughing up phlegm for 5 days don't know if its SARS 2 or not haven't been tested or been out for 5 weeks.

If you look at all the 2018-2019 influenza flu session you wounder why they didn't close down America last year,
America
CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.

Australia,

18th August 2019 report,
  • Nearly 217,000 Australians have been diagnosed with influenza so far this year
  • The national death toll officially stands at 430

Last year should of being a pandemic according to these figures. Unless we just seeing the start before winter hits then its nothing but a hoax, you got more chance of dying of the flu than SARS 2.0
    People who do get SARS 2.0 have a 90% rate of fighting it off making a full recovery, is it really worth destroying the worlds economy over? Is it worth destroying small business over? I don't see it, maybe they taken this shut down a little to far in Australia closing boarders would of being a no brainer but took to long to act so now we have a few cases with the majority been travellers who are effected.

Every year 65yo and over are at risk of dying from influenza A or B we don't shut for that. That's my opinion.
As of April 7, 2020 WHO stats say 9559 deaths in the USA from COVID-19

Australia records an average of 1,500 - 3,000 deaths annually from influenza
As of April 7, 2020 we have 42 deaths from CoVid-19

Our government and central bank have shut down the entire economy except for essential services and then written a blank cheque to cover the costs, ScoMo even included extra mental health services funding for an expected spike in domestic violence, depression or suicide!
What's really going on..
Are sovereign nation states under direction from a higher global power??

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
There is an article in the New Zealand Herald that is well worth having a read of. The steps taken in New Zealand to combat the Coronavirus are a lot more strict than Australia has taken. They predict if they had not taken the steps that they have then the cases would be significantly higher. The comparison with the flu is invalid because no steps have ever been taken with the flu as they have with the Coronavirus

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There is an article in the New Zealand Herald that is well worth having a read of. The steps taken in New Zealand to combat the Coronavirus are a lot more strict than Australia has taken. They predict if they had not taken the steps that they have then the cases would be significantly higher. The comparison with the flu is invalid because no steps have ever been taken with the flu as they have with the Coronavirus
People get vaccinated against the flu, or at least that's what they call those injections they line up for...

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

Our government and central bank have shut down the entire economy except for essential services and then written a blank cheque to cover the costs, ScoMo even included extra mental health services funding for an expected spike in domestic violence, depression or suicide!
What's really going on..
There a simple answer to the whole thing, Agender 2030. Billions spent in every country sending everyone into poverty, out with cash in comes the digital dollar, Bill Gates predicted it 5 years ago not by chance he left Microsoft and sunk 650 million into ID2020. Its all part of one global system and new world order. They the UN have been planning this Agender since the 70's slowly bringing it in introducing bit by bit to condition us to the system.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

What's really going on..

Cannot compare to the flu.

CV is more contagious, with a longer period before becoming symptomatic meaning higher spread rates if not isolated.

No vaccine or cure.....the only treatment for the seriously inflicted is trying to keep people alive and hope their immune system gets its sh!t together to fit it off.

If it takes hold (see Italy, Spain, France, USA etc) the whole medical system is overwhelmed and no one can get treated for anything.

Australia's very low rates of known infections and resultant deaths are because of the measures that have been taken.

It is highly probable that a small group of us on here won't know anyone with it. Less than 0.03% of the population currently knows they have it.