Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

COVID-19 Stat Check

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
People get vaccinated against the flu, or at least that's what they call those injections they line up for...
Exactly, people get vaccinated against the flu. There is no vaccine currently for the Coronavirus.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Cannot compare to the flu.

CV is more contagious, with a longer period before becoming symptomatic meaning higher spread rates if not isolated.

No vaccine or cure.....the only treatment for the seriously inflicted is trying to keep people alive and hope their immune system gets its sh!t together to fit it off.

If it takes hold (see Italy, Spain, France, USA etc) the whole medical system is overwhelmed and no one can get treated for anything.

Australia's very low rates of known infections and resultant deaths are because of the measures that have been taken.

It is highly probable that a small group of us on here won't know anyone with it. Less than 0.03% of the population currently knows they have it.
There's no cure for the influenza virus, multiple strains that can easily mutate and the annual 'flu shot' vaccine pretty much only affects some of the active seasonal strains, there's no guarantee a recipient of the seasonal flu vaccine won't get the flu.
I think there is still some debate regarding efficacy of the seasonal flu vaccine.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

Covid-19 incubation period is promoted as 'up to' 14 days, therefore, potential exists for symptoms appearing earlier.
Is there scientific proof stating CV-19 is more contagious than the seasonal flu?.. I'd be interested to read it

A pre-emptive strike, ie: draconian lockdowns, border patrols and serious fast law changes with serious infringement fines or criminal charges with jail time, are not proof of imminent biological catastrophe.
Everyone simply followed in lockstep (relative to their own current governance regime) with China's lockdown strategy.
China's influence has succeeded in shining a light on the ease with which western democratic governments can overtly shift to an authoritarian style, corporate wealthfare psuedo-fascist governance.
All done with the blessings of 'the people'.
The question on my mind is whether our government and foreign governments have acted rationally and in proportion to the perceived risk?

(edit)
The information in this news article suggests CV-19 is more contagious with higher mortality, but it's also apparently new to infect humans. The scientists seem rather confident considering it's a new strain to infect humans.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-03-20/how-coronavirus-covid-19-compares-to-flu/12073696

My previous post showed evidence Australia's mortality rate so far for CV-19 is higher than influenza.

The previous corona viruses that infected humans haven't come back to haunt us and as far as I'm aware there's no cure.

Last edited:

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
ps
I'm not saying we should ignore the virus infection risk but are our governments actions proportional to the perceived risk?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
ps
I'm not saying we should ignore the virus infection risk but are our governments actions proportional to the perceived risk?

Ask those in Italy, Spain, France, UK, US etc what they think of their Govs actions.

FWIW, I'd rather the actions of our Gov than any of those.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Cannot compare to the flu.

CV is more contagious, with a longer period before becoming symptomatic meaning higher spread rates if not isolated.

No vaccine or cure.....the only treatment for the seriously inflicted is trying to keep people alive and hope their immune system gets its sh!t together to fit it off.

If it takes hold (see Italy, Spain, France, USA etc) the whole medical system is overwhelmed and no one can get treated for anything.

Australia's very low rates of known infections and resultant deaths are because of the measures that have been taken.

It is highly probable that a small group of us on here won't know anyone with it. Less than 0.03% of the population currently knows they have it.
That's what they tell you, regarding vaccines or cure their is none, vaccines tells your immune system to go after and destroy particular virus so if your immune system is already compromised then no vaccine can work, vaccine isn't a cure it wakes up your defence system, what I read by doctors who actually have studied and have a PHD in the human body vaccines do more harm than good they can destroy your healthy bacteria creating new problems in the years to follow, if its life or death well I suppose you just have to try to survive so you have to take it, but know this you will keep needing help with the chemist lab to help you when you have other complications down the track, the best defence is eaten healthy giving your body the best nourishments and vitamins to shield your organs, problem is all the generic modified lab food we eat lacks those good old vegetables we once enjoyed, I herd many of times it doesn't taste like it use too, well playing God does that playing around with natural food source adding chemical's does nothing for the human body, you feel full that's about all, even if you grow your own the seeds are still generic modified by the UN, they say its better for yield to feed the population but at what cost making people sick with weak immune systems so we have to have vaccines to make up for it!! People ant dying from the virus or flu they dying because of their eaten habits, sugar, salt, preservative , process food and obesity even those who look fit on the outside doesn't mean they have a strong immune system, the old saying goes you are what you eat, now its the generic modified food is the issue.
If the media put every death and every person who got sick from influenza last year in America on the news every 30min they would also be going into panic buying and staying home. I don't believe anything they say on the media it only suits their agender and the elites who orchestrated the whole pandemic along with the UN agender 2030, like I said Bill Gates didn't some how fluke this pandemic 5 years ago he knew it was coming as he is in on it hence the reason he gave ID2020 650 million dollars you don't invest money into a bad deal. Call me crazy call me what you want the truth is out there if you open your eyes.
PS yes people are dying but they would of died from influenza A too if they got it, protect the 10% and put the 90% back to work, a simple blood test to see what vitamins your lacking be far cheaper than trying to find a vaccine, get your A D C in balance which creates a strong immune system, that's my spin.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The steps taken in New Zealand to combat the Coronavirus are a lot more strict than Australia has taken.

Agree. Having each Aus state make their own confusing, contradicting rules which people interpret loosely to their own benefit is not helping much.
Plus the dickheads who think it is a big game of fun, and the morons coughing, spitting, licking counters, abusing health workers, paramedic, police.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Ask those in Italy, Spain, France, UK, US etc what they think of their Govs actions.

FWIW, I'd rather the actions of our Gov than any of those.
yeah nah....
The northern hemisphere is just coming out of their winter season.
How many had complications due to flu virus and covid19?
What's the criteria for assessing cause of death as definitively CoVid19?

The Italian epicenter is said to have been a popular international soccer match...Italy V Spain.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-so...d-off-italys-coronavirus-disaster-11585752012

Italy and Spain didn't have time to react like Australia and New Zealand.
Plus Italy's economy was on the verge of collapse, the country is bankrupt.
Spain is no better, economically they are a basket case.

Australia and New Zealand have significantly different political, geographical and population dynamics to Italy and Spain.

I wasn't born with innate distrust for authority and the power-elites, they've earned my distrust.
I posted here last year that I believed our government along with other governments around the world and their bureaucratic institutions were waiting on some kind of global event to blame for economic collapse, making it easy for a mass consensus for more bank and corporate bail-outs.
I believe the virus pandemic is being used (and manipulated) as a distraction for propping up a broken economic system collapsing under its own weight of financial debt.
The opportunity is just too easy...

ScoMo and crew have unleashed the biggest economic bail out package in Australia's history.
Trump is looking at doubling down across the Atlantic with a trillion dollar economic and infrastructure package (which will help his property development portfolio I'm sure) and bail out Wall St again.
An elite group of people will get filthy rich from this situation and you and I are not in their club.
Wait and watch...when the dust settles.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Having each Aus state make their own confusing, contradicting rules which people interpret loosely to their own benefit is not helping much.

Why do the rules in one state make any difference to the observance of rules in another ?

Unless you are in Vic or NSW where you may be able to move between the two unlike say WA with a hard border where no one can enter (including WA residents who aren't here now) unless essential / exempted (and that is not Scomo's definition of essential) or even move between defined regions, another state's rules should be of no concern to you as you can't go there anyway.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... What's the criteria for assessing cause of death as definitively CoVid19?.
In the USA those hospitalised are tested and if they have SARS-COV2 and developed COVID-19 and die then they are counted as a COVID-19 death.

Supposedly in NY city, the number of people who die at home is running at a much (10x?) higher level than the same time last year but these dead are not tested posthumously and thus not counted as COVID-19 related deaths.

As for COV2, it being a new virus that impacts human, it’s qualities (if that’s the correct term) are not fully known. As such I’d rather see swift and decisive action as a precaution than a do nothing approach. It’s like buying insurance against the unknown ;)

Had Australia taken more swift action and closed its international boarders in late Jan while also instituting mandatory quarantine for the stranglers still coming in, then we’d not need to have worried about social distancing and the type of shutdowns and cost we’ve seen to date :oops:
But governments are hopeless... just look at their handling of the ruby princess o_O

PS: As for the thread title, one friend had to go into self quarantine. That was because the sister of one of his work colleagues was diagnosed with COVID-19. This colleague and his sister lived together and the sister was a nurse (which clarified where she caught the bug). The colleague was tested but my friend had to wait some days for his colleagues results and then he’d be tested if the result was positive. Lucky his colleague’s test result was negative... so back to work went my friend...