Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cpr6 manifold

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
ok couple of questions ...
1) do you make these for the sidi sv6 3.6l
2) how exactly do they work
3)how hard are they to fit for someone who is reasoably good with cars
4)will i need to get it tuned

and also if i put your manifold insulators on my sv6 with extractors etc will i need to get it re tuned again to get the most benefit out of it?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
MACE don't make the CPR6 Manifold.
It won't fit the SIDI engine though, it's a different inlet manifold and the SIDI engine sits a lot higher than the old Alloytec, so there is very little clearance between the inlet manifold and the bonnet.

This website should explain it to you a bit better,
Alloytec Performance increase Facts and figures, CPR6 Manifold, Performance Manifolds

Re tune after any mods will bring out more potential.

MACE

Reaction score
not the answer i wanted ... but thanks

Sorry astroham, been flat out recently and I didn't read your questions properly

ok couple of questions ...
1) do you make these for the sidi sv6 3.6l
Unfortunately not

2) how exactly do they work
They mainly work by improving air distribution between cylinders, in addition to flowing more air per given amount of pressure drop

3)how hard are they to fit for someone who is reasoably good with cars
About as hard as fitting our manifold insulators, so not that hard
Manifold Insulators - Mace Engineering Group

4)will i need to get it tuned
Ideally yes, though they still work well as bolt on items

and also if i put your manifold insulators on my sv6 with extractors etc will i need to get it re tuned again to get the most benefit out of it?
With the manifold insulators not, with the extractors yes as they may bring up a engine fault code, which would have to be sorted via tune

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Hey Steve If I wanted to purchase a CPR6 and the manifold insulators you sell for the VE for price can you give me including postage to 4113 Brisbane? Also no need to bother including the other insulators and stuff I don't need. Also since the bolts are needed are longer than the ones included can you include a set of them in the price too plz.

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Steve If I wanted to purchase a CPR6 and the manifold insulators you sell for the VE for price can you give me including postage to 4113 Brisbane? Also no need to bother including the other insulators and stuff I don't need. Also since the bolts are needed are longer than the ones included can you include a set of them in the price too plz.

Basically everything that you're after, without the longer bolts (not something that we have) would be $1720 delivered

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Hey guys, I have the same issue with not being able to get the insulators and cpr6 to clear the plastic up the back on my my09, anyone had any experience on removing the plastic bit that is causing all the grief on a non sidi?

Cheers