Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CPR6 Manifolds

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
they look like a good bit of kit just not very well completed in my eyes. i mean you pay 2 grand for a manifold but on a ve which has the varible intake manifold means once you fit the cpr6 i'm back to driving a car with a check engine light on again due to the varible intake module being disconnected.

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
they look like a good bit of kit just not very well completed in my eyes. i mean you pay 2 grand for a manifold but on a ve which has the varible intake manifold means once you fit the cpr6 i'm back to driving a car with a check engine light on again due to the varible intake module being disconnected.

Ouch...That killed my thoughts of getting one of these manifolds. I'm glad you brought up that issue.

Any chance that can be corrected in the tune on an MY07 VE ?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i don't know you'd have to ask VCM mate they'd have to of discovered the part of code that throws the fault for a disconnected/non working module that controlls the manifold splitter.

i doubt anyones gone looking for it as why would you until now.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Ouch...That killed my thoughts of getting one of these manifolds. I'm glad you brought up that issue.

Any chance that can be corrected in the tune on an MY07 VE ?

vcm should be able to hide the code,

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
If the module doesn't provide feedback about it's state ie it's engaged or not engaged it should be reasonably simple for someone with the knowledge to fool the computer into still thinking it's there.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
So the only prob with this manifold is that it will throw a check engine light up?? I already get that light because of my hi flo cats anyway...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Yeh pretty sure, no one I know has installed it as of yet. Im organising a group buy, will try talking him down when I have enough people interested. Look in the V6 mod section