Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

crack in fuel tank AHHHH

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
hey, after i filled up the other day i noticed there was a slight power drop just from 1st to 2nd, meh,didnt take much notice! (thought it was beause i was using 98oct then filled up with 95oct) anyways bout a day later with same sluggish gear problem. I was putting work gear in the boot and i could smell petrol really bad! took a look under and i found it is leaking from the fuel tank! bloody spewin! just wondering if any one has had this problem b4? if so how much was it to fix! can the hole/crack (not sure) just be patched up or does it need a complet new one? also would it be safe to drive round with as wont really be able to get to mechanic till the weekend! it leaks about half a litter or so a night going from the drip spot on the ground!

thanks guys

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
wouldnt trust it leaking if it gets hot or you go around a bend and it spits on the exhaust or brakes etc. dont know if it can be fixed but you should be able to score one from the wreckers if its just a tank

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
yer never thought of it like that!

*looks across at train station :( *

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
R u sure its the tank? I would also check fuel supply and return lines. Also check filler neck where it joins the tank, also check the EECS lines as well.

S

sassy_41

to fix it at a mechs they normaly just put tar over it, thats wot they did 2 a mates car

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
hmmm maybe some good resin would do the job too? thats not a bad i dea. is the tank plastic or metal?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It'll probably be the black rubber hoses that connect to the fuel filter. The new ones crack after a year or so and then get brittle and leak. New hoses come with some filters and they are under $20 so hope thats your fix.

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
also check the large seal (i guess you could call it a grommet). there are bolts holding it in, mine were a bit loose and leaked

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
ohk thanks ill check it out