Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cramps

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thought I'd post up about muscle cramps

Over the past 12 months or so, I have been constantly getting muscle cramps....They have been predomently in the legs, but get them occasionally in the hand, at the base of the thumb where it meets the palm of the hand..(and no I'm too lazy to toss off these days...:))

I have tried increasing my salt intake....It is nothing unusual for me to drink 2 to 3 litres of water per day...I also drink soft drinks and have about 3 cups of coffee per day..(Got to have that to keep ones sanity...:))

Has anyone else suffered from muscle cramps? What have you done to help prevent them? It is starting to get rather frustrating dealing with them, especially getting woken up 4 or more times per night with them....Not to mention during the day occasionally getting these cramps.

Look forward to responses

yamahahatim

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss crewman
Get into magnesium, did wonders for my arm pump and cramps when racing dirt squirter's..

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I have heard that Magnesium supplements are the go.
About 4 or 5 years ago I started suffering from the occasional cramp in my calf muscles whilst asleep in bed.
I can go weeks without any then might have cramps alternating from one leg to the other three or four nights in a row.
I haven't noticed any correlation between the cramps and diet so have just put it down to an age thing.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Magnesium is a good starter but some leg stretched help too

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Thought I'd post up about muscle cramps

Over the past 12 months or so, I have been constantly getting muscle cramps....They have been predomently in the legs, but get them occasionally in the hand, at the base of the thumb where it meets the palm of the hand..(and no I'm too lazy to toss off these days...:))

I have tried increasing my salt intake....It is nothing unusual for me to drink 2 to 3 litres of water per day...I also drink soft drinks and have about 3 cups of coffee per day..(Got to have that to keep ones sanity...:))

Has anyone else suffered from muscle cramps? What have you done to help prevent them? It is starting to get rather frustrating dealing with them, especially getting woken up 4 or more times per night with them....Not to mention during the day occasionally getting these cramps.

Look forward to responses
Try Crampeze. My wife takes it when required, it works for her. Compression stockings for your legs. Salt is not good for you. I haven't put salt on food for many, many years. Do you have varicose veins? If so get them stripped. Worked wonders for me

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
My thoughts are:
- salt (which some people don't do well in other areas with more in the diet)
- water (maybe cut back on Sugers and soft drinks)
- exercise. Because I always feel cramps are from either a muscle wanting to do work (getting bored as such) or muscle being used that hasn't been used in ages (although this isn't while sleeping obviously)

Reactions: Lex

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have been getting cramps during the last few months, and I put it down to Lockdown Laziness in front of the computer searching for interesting useless information.

But 2 > 3 litres water per day ? Has to be balanced with a diet of salted chips.
Used to work with a young lady who could not do without drinking continously from her water bottle all day. Skinny as a rake, and no energy.
A medical explanation was that she was drinking too much water, and flushing too many body salts out of her body.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
The colour of your urine will tell you if your not drinking enough water.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Try Crampeze. My wife takes it when required, it works for her. Compression stockings for your legs. Salt is not good for you. I haven't put salt on food for many, many years. Do you have varicose veins? If so get them stripped. Worked wonders for me

Don't have varicose veins however will try Crampeze....That available from the chemist?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My thoughts are:
- salt (which some people don't do well in other areas with more in the diet)
- water (maybe cut back on Sugers and soft drinks)
- exercise. Because I always feel cramps are from either a muscle wanting to do work (getting bored as such) or muscle being used that hasn't been used in ages (although this isn't while sleeping obviously)

Don't think it'll be the exercise side of things.....I do a heap of walking through the job....I am constantly using my hands and walking back and forth between cars, the fitting machine, alignment machine, carpark and front desk where I pickup and drop of car keys....Even use them to break the bead on truck tyres and to put locking rings on split rims

Last edited: