Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crane & Msd Ignition

What Do you use in ur V8

• Crane Ignition

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • MSD Ignition

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Stock GMH

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Wouldn't Bother with upgrade

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • other - please specifiy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
just spoke to the guys down at american auto parts, on the subject of crane vs msd, the crane hi6 is digital where as the msd isn't. The crane has extra features and you can buy it with the lx92 coil for $400. I was asking heaps about the msd but they recomended the crane, and considering that it is a lot cheaper, it gives you some thought. I looked inside the crane and msd units and they are far different , the crane is neat and the msd looks like it is thrown together. I'm not trying to preach the crane as i was amsd user on my monaro, but after reading and seeing for my own eyes, i will be going the crane route for my 355..

LX92 COIL and Module for $400sounds good,here is someother things i found out also :thumbsup: .

CRANE CAMS INFO HI 6 MODULE & CRANE CAMS LX 92 COIL

Hi6 has a built-in Dial-in Rev. limiter, with the 6AL you have to buy the various chips.

Hi6 has the option of turning off the rev. limiter and the Multi-Spark funtion, 6AL does not have this option.

Hi6 is Epoxy filled so it is weatherproof, 6AL is not.

Hi6 has plug n go harness so that when you buy a new addition for the Hi6, the wiring is already done for you, and you just have to clip the harness together, No soildering involved.

LX92 coil that comes with this kit has a higher output than a MSD Blaster coil and comes with this kit. (This kit is $499.95 a 6AL alone is $440.)

Last edited:

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
yeah it sounds a bit better dosn't it?
I'm going that route

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
it certainly sound the business. seeing as i've already got an MSD 6al, i'll stick with it. the proof would be in the pudding, ease of use would dffinitly go to the crane but performance wise it would really take back to back tests to prove if there is any performance difference. i think i might try the crane setup on my next project, if it's onethat doesn't require a dis-4 setup likethe v6 does. also MSD does a lot of other coils that can be used with the MSD 6 ingintion system that have alot higher output the there blaster 2 coil