Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crank Angle Sensor Symptoms

geta

Reaction score
Is it normal when a CAS goes for the engine to cut out at speed (i.e. 100kph)? Its not my car, but I was going along the lines of CAS until he said it was cutting out at higher speeds.

I thought the warning signs were usually that it cut out at idle?

-dave

dodgy

Reaction score
Cuts out under load also, anytime actually, try the cold water fix, pour cold water on it when it fails, then start and see how it is then.

geta

Reaction score
yer told him to try that. The CAS is probably the issue, just thought it odd that it cut out at higher speeds also.

-dave

V

VN Tim

i had my CAS fail on the way back from a family day, stuck in the middle of no-where. cold water didnt work initially. finally my dad towed me back, it started first time, replaced the sensor for about $50. very annoying though

dodgy

Reaction score
:) I always have a spare! Done 3 now, in 3 years!

hoon1

hoon1
Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vp 5lt
could be computer as well i had same problem with mine $ :cry:

C

craigillz

how hard is it to replace the sensor and how much does one coast if any one has diagrams on how to replcae i will appreciate very much

C

craigillz

can any one please tell me so i can get it fixed for the week end plz

dodgy

Reaction score
easy to replace sensor, not sure how much I paid for the last one, check other post for instructions

fr3estyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Supercharged
hey guys im having abit of trouble with my supercharged6 at the moment...just drove into work and on the way the car started play ing up(missing really badly like it had a bad air leak,it started to get worse almost like it wasnt running on all cylinders)...

ive changed my coils and my DFI module about 20,000kms ago so im pretty sure they are not the problem

a few people have suggested crank angle sensor, is there any way i can determine this for sure?

any help would be appreciated