Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crank Angle Sensor

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
morton has some picks on how he done it i think, but he took the bonnet off i think and tied some rope around the dizzy and just stood up on the top of the motor and yanked it out. But thats probably a bit extreem for a one off dizzy swap
I've never had to do it yet on my car but i have heard stories of people having to get chisels and all sorts of things under the dizzy to try and get it out cause it sticks in place, basicallly its going to be a bit of a bitch to do. Its a good idea extend the wiring and move the coil somwhere better to if you got the time.

Dont forget to mark the dizzys rotor position and anything else you think may need marking so you can put it back just as it was, it can be difficult to find TDC if you lose your marks.

Last edited:

Crofty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Ute
mmmm, think i might call in RACT for a tow and kick back in the supplied hire car while some other poor bastard does the work.......... Bout to knock off now and get it sorted. Thanks for the help, i'll put up how i got on.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
post up what up was when ya get it back, its always nice to have closure on a thread.

Crofty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Ute
Righto. Just got a call from the Auto elecs and Ute is right to go. Turns out the sensor and something else was shagged. I'll get more detail when i pick it up later and have a chat.

Crofty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Ute
Ended up with a complete new distributor. Labour and fitment of parts to old Distributor was going to be dearer than slapping in a newy.

Now it sounds like the water pumps is on the way out.......... It never ends.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Thar ya go. Atleast its all going again. The water pump wont be too hard to change, just time consuming. Once you get the radiator and fan shroud out theres plenty of room there. Thanks for following the thread up, alot of people dissapear once they get it fixed and we never find out what it was.