Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

crank angle sensor

geelong

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pac
replaced crank angle senor on v6 ecotec put pulley back on bolted up now wont start and when it does start very rough running like the timing is out and stalls does the pulley need a alignment or is there a key inside pulley for the slot that missing

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
they are keyed. did you check the serrated wheel behind the balancer to make sure it isnt damaged in any way?
you saying there isnt a key on the crank shaft when you put it back on? if not dont start it again, pull it off and get one else youll blow her up.
might have fallen off into the sump

geelong

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pac
hello my pulley has a slot on the inside shaft when removed did not see any thing on the slot is there anything should be there like a key but on crankshaft has no slot to align it up so on youtube they just put the sensor back on and the pulley and bolt up and the rings behind pulley ok and the sensor ok so what am i missing thankyou

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
gee ive been out the trade too long yet ive done dozens of these but cant remember off top of my head, have to see it. needs to be a keyway there.

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
itsreallydifficulttoreadyourpostswithoutcorrectgrammarplaseamakesuretousetheminfutureposts

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Definitely should be a key.

geelong

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pac
gee ive been out the trade too long yet ive done dozens of these but cant remember off top of my head, have to see it. needs to be a keyway there.
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg