Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crash Body Proposes 120km/h Speed Limiter

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Clearly you know nothing about the transport industry! :clap:

What! heaps of truckies have a magic black box, if your in the industry have you been living under a rock?

They should put the limiter on cops cars too hehe

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
One word (well acronym) GPS.... it will unlock you in certain locations that allows you to speed.

I always imagined a sunken rail type system that is in the middle of the lane in which a locking pivot pin locks in and can be engaged or disengaged at any time letting you overtake turn at intersections of course it would only need to be used on highways and freeways, I only thought about this after losing both my mother in 96 and my aunt (her sister) and 5yr old cousin .
RIP kara, mum and trisha.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
lol dude, they can't make an NBN work on budget. be ####ed if they'll manage that.

Jeez there are some A grade #### knuckles in society.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Just saying its "possible" not viable and by todays technology costing "worth it"

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
good point about the track days & drags etc.
either way, people would just bypass them. Check out the amount of truckies on the road who bypass their 100kph speed limiters....

i'm in the transport industry and i can safely say that all of our trucks have the 100km/h limiters still there. we're actually thinking of changing the limiters to 95km/h, because you all know the traffic doesnt move at a perfect 100 km/h and this will stop the trucks holding up people in the overtaking lanes.

but i do know that some operators get rid of their speed limiters, but you usually find its the smaller operators that are doing it.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
i'm in the transport industry and i can safely say that all of our trucks have the 100km/h limiters still there. we're actually thinking of changing the limiters to 95km/h, because you all know the traffic doesnt move at a perfect 100 km/h and this will stop the trucks holding up people in the overtaking lanes.

but i do know that some operators get rid of their speed limiters, but you usually find its the smaller operators that are doing it.

you're right mate, a lot of truckies and operators do the right thing, but there are still a lot of cowboys who either bypass the limiter (using various means) or modify the speed sensor ring to fool the speed limiter. When we are in unmarked cars, we get b-doubles passing us like we are standing still at 100kph. We pull them up, plug the ultra-link into the truck and the speed limiter reading still reads 95kph.....

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd

Id agree with that, majority of them are owner drivers or owners with only 1 or 2 trucks.