Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crash warning system among high-tech features for VF Commodore and Chev SS

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Keyless entry and start...otherwise known as PEPS. Being used on the Cruze atm. Just means you dont need the key in the ignition, and you have a pushbutton to start the car.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
With regards to reverse sensors - hate them with a passion. I firmly advocate reversing cameras however. It is great for close quarters parallel parking, seeing random stuff (eg kids) that could easily get run over and is magnificent when reversing up to hook on a trailer - get the tow ball under the coupling perfect every time.

Reaper

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Why do you hate reverse sensors Reaper?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
As my post last night - the ridiculous amount of beeping and alarms when you start a car these days is stupid. Combine that with the overly conservative way it beeps - makes it near useless. Camera is silent, there whenever I need it and I can be as conservative (or not) as I choose when reversing up to items. The camera is also damn handy when reversing and the windows are iced/fogged/whatever at night too :)

Reaper

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
47658_10150092493585639_672775638_7808466_3535675_n.jpg

Aids are for the soft, parked this in 12 seconds.

No both cars have no parking spaces in front or behind them of any type.

In all seriousness, i don't mind some aids. Reverse camera's are wonderful reverse sensors can be annoying when your backing past leaves that stick out of the driveway and it warns you. Seatbelt warnings are annoying, but warnings that a seatbelt has come undone when driving with kids is wonderful. I don't care really when driving with and around kids i'll take any warning systems i can to aid their safety, safety over my own pride :).

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
With regards to reverse sensors - hate them with a passion. I firmly advocate reversing cameras however. It is great for close quarters parallel parking, seeing random stuff (eg kids) that could easily get run over and is magnificent when reversing up to hook on a trailer - get the tow ball under the coupling perfect every time.

Reaper

1+ for the cameras , the sensors can get ####ed , they are sooo annoying all they do is beep there head off . When i worked at bmw, parking the cars was a nightmare because the car would beep 1 million times while trying to reverse the car into the spot and there was nothing there

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
So you can see the entire back of your car with the one camera?
Where is it positioned for the best view and where is your screen positioned?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Some have one positioned on either side of the number plate. Some do have them centre.

272813_10150306877345639_672775638_9681478_6133519_o.jpg

This one is mounted just above the number plate off centre drivers side, or to the right of the ford badge. It's pretty good but if you watch it to much you forget how far the mirrors stick out and you could clip them backing past the gate.
With the way cars are today and their large rears that sit high their pretty handy.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride

I can with mine. It is in the middle of the car inbetween the numberplate lights. The vision appears in the lcd radio screen in the centre stack. The colours are a little washed out but perfectly viewable.. Excellent when it's dark too (the reversing lights are surprisingly effective)

Reaper

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
View attachment 142391

Aids are for the soft, parked this in 12 seconds.

No both cars have no parking spaces in front or behind them of any type.

In all seriousness, i don't mind some aids. Reverse camera's are wonderful reverse sensors can be annoying when your backing past leaves that stick out of the driveway and it warns you. Seatbelt warnings are annoying, but warnings that a seatbelt has come undone when driving with kids is wonderful. I don't care really when driving with and around kids i'll take any warning systems i can to aid their safety, safety over my own pride :).

Pity your half in the park behind you. Lol:)