Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crashed....

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Well at least you didn't bury it in the back of a Falcon, like I did with my last ride ^^

I'm curious to see some snaps of the damage. Especially the panhard rod. With any luck you can get most of the broken bits from wreckers, and at least the mags weren't 19" chromers ^^

Hard luck dude. Next time do a 3-point turn ;)

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Update time I think. Well after insepecting the damage with 2 mechanic mates we came to the conclusion of replacing the steering rack(2nd hand),lower controll arms, replacing the rack ends, boots, etc. I bought all new nolothane bushes for the front end with new beter link pins. I also bought my rear shortened shocks and adjustable panhard rod, my rear superlows should be here on tuesday. So yeah, I have to keeep on it today, pitty I dont have the rattle gun anymore :(. The car is up on 4 steelies as jacks and pics will all come once I get her back on the road.
P.S! If there is any tips about changing steering rack please tell me now since its going to be my first attempt and guna do it myself.
ByeBye
P.S.S Im fooking hung over. Absinth is strong.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
hahaha yeah no **** absinth is strong, i got a bottle next to my bed atm, knocks u on ure hole that stuff!

aslong as u didnt stack it wen u were pissed, its all good. drink drive- bloody idiot! :D

hope it all turns out well mate

cheers
Josh

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Did you know the active ingredient in absinthe is basically the same as that in Marijuana? :)
Thats why people sometimes hallucinate etc. and many famous artists used to drink it for 'inspiration'... REAL absinthe is 74% alcohol and contains 100mg or something of this stuff per kg.
Absinthe in liquor stores here is only sometimes 74% alcohol and it is only 10mg/kg of the active ingredient.. And dont forget to put 2 sugar cubes on a fork or spoon then pour the absinthe through it, then light it on fire and the sugar melts into the Absinthe and the absinthe catches on fire... Blow it out and skull :yeah:

Last edited:

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
once a gutter jumped out underneath my wheels.........................

same thing happened to me mate... span it in the wet... due to worn suspension, hit the gutter at 80km/h, it was a raised enbankment... hit my head on something, all i remembered was comming to and trying to find any physical damage on my car... no panel damage just drove like SH*%...

bent the panhard rod
rooted my bearing plates
rooted shocks
popped a spring out of place
bent a sway bar and god knows what else

its scary looking to your right and see the road comming towards you....knowing you have no control and your about to crash and the last thing that runs through you head is "i need to piss"

as long as she lines up...
my kframe is bent and she still handles 150km/h perfectly
soo good luck mate :)

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
90% chance you'll need a new front strut on the side that hit..... Stub axel will be ****ed.

Cheers
MaT

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I wasn't drunk at the time, but under medication cause im sick. Yeah, yesterday I didnt get as much done as I planned. I took my old steering rack out and I fitted my new rackends to my 2nd hand new steering rack. I also started to change the springs with my superlow king springs and 'so called' shortened shocks. I say 'so called' because once I put my new shock next to my original they were the same height all around. I put it all together and then saw that the spring was not being trapped in properly. Im a little confused with that part atm, because I got the springs and shocks foor the front from ebay and I dont think the shocks are shortened. Anyhow, Ive got to get my bushes pressed into my 2nd hand new lower controll arms and then once I figure out this suspension issue I will re-assemble the lot. I cant go any further untill this friday because I have to work.

Yeah, so if any one can help me with this suspension issue it would be grately appreciated. Ill post all the pictures at the end of the job, im too lazy to download them atm.
P.S. The spot where I crashed was where a Red VN Clubby landed a few months earlier, but he took out the telstra pole and caused 15K worth of damage!

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Here are SOME pics, more are coming with digi cam.:cry:

Attachments

• 345.jpg
    345.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg