Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[CRAZY K] vk commodore

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
neat car,manual or auto, wat colour u want to spray it?

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
You say it's an automatic like it's a bad thing.

Drop in a Turbo 400 with 1500RPM stall, beefed up hard. Should be able to handle quite a fair amount of torque without a problem.

It all comes down to personal preference I believe, what you enjoy driving the most. Don't feel you have to drive a manual just because everyone else thinks it's cooler.

That being said, if you enjoy manuals more, go for it.

R

racerphill

Genesis said:
You say it's an automatic like it's a bad thing.

Drop in a Turbo 400 with 1500RPM stall, beefed up hard. Should be able to handle quite a fair amount of torque without a problem.

It all comes down to personal preference I believe, what you enjoy driving the most. Don't feel you have to drive a manual just because everyone else thinks it's cooler.

That being said, if you enjoy manuals more, go for it.

Also, A good shift kitted auto shifts just as hard (or harder) than a manual, and you dont lose revs on the shifts like a manual - very good for going fast!
I used to hate autos till I had to get the Turbo 350 in my old VB rebuilt (couldn't afford to convert to a manual). The bloke who did the work put a stage two shift kit in it for no extra charge. Now I wouldn't go back to a manual - although I still hate standard autos!
Next step would be a fully manualised auto - best of both worlds!
Phill

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
fizz_vk said:
thanks 4 the comments fellas....just wait an c wat will b done in the next 6 months will b off its tits :p

what you got planned clint? damn you car is on every commo site i go on. Tidy VK you got there champ.