Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crazy prangs you have witnessed

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
this one was crazy in the fact that if the car had gone only a foot or two either way, the guy would have missed tyhe pole and gone into a paddock. The second crazy thing was,,, that the car ended up going tail first into the pole. Not one of the nicest incidents i have ever had to attend.

0212091256_00_01.sized.jpg

0212091303_00.sized.jpg

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
was driving up Burke Road in Hawthorn one night and some clown drives straight through a red light, across my path (luckily i was slowing to turn right) and cleans up the car in the lane next to me.

this idiot then insists we all went through the red light and that he was in the right. you wouldn't meet a bigger ****wit, the way he (and his wife too, with kids in the back no less) was carrying on. i made sure the cops got the right story, then the insurance company, so he got pinged for it.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I was on the bus one day, coming up to an intersection, I see this police car about 150 meters down the road, lights going and everything. So I see this police car, and I tell all of my mates around me to look over to where the cop car is.

Anyway, the police car needs to get where it's going, fast, so he descides to run the red light that he's coming up to without looking or slowing down. The bus driver sees him at the last minute and slows down just missing him. Instead he takes out the Tiida that was next to the bus, and sends it into a full 180.

It was even more interesting, because this bus was packed with people, and there was this almighty gasp. Then you could hear a pin drop.

Kinda gotta wonder what would happen to a cop that's done something like that.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I have only seen one,Head on. Gold VL - Red Camry.
The lady in the camry seen green and she went. But the arrow was red and the guy on my left didn't see her coming, I backed off he missed her no awareness at all. And they crashed at about 40kph each. Violent crash the rear of the VL lifted off the ground, And the camry shifted sideways a good 5 meters. Lucky noone was hurt in the accident.
Guy in the VL told me he had just got the car out of the spray shop 2 days ago.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I was on the bus one day, coming up to an intersection, I see this police car about 150 meters down the road, lights going and everything. So I see this police car, and I tell all of my mates around me to look over to where the cop car is.

Anyway, the police car needs to get where it's going, fast, so he descides to run the red light that he's coming up to without looking or slowing down. The bus driver sees him at the last minute and slows down just missing him. Instead he takes out the Tiida that was next to the bus, and sends it into a full 180.

It was even more interesting, because this bus was packed with people, and there was this almighty gasp. Then you could hear a pin drop.

Kinda gotta wonder what would happen to a cop that's done something like that.

He would be treated the same as any other idiot who did the same thing. Police operating under warning lights and sirens are still subject to the road rules and it doesn't excuse them from taking all care. Probably cost him his job

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Fantastic story Caliber. I don't really have anything to compare to that for road driving but one year I went to the Bathurst 1000 with my dad and a couple of mates. It was either 2001 or 2002. Skaifey won (woohoo!).

Anyway, this was one of the weirdest days of weather I have ever experienced. I originally lived in Orange which is only about 30-40 minutes from Mt Panorama so I am used to cold weather. This weekend it was freezing and windy as all hell where we were up the top of the mountain but nice and sunny down on pit straight. We make our way to forrest elbow which is the last corner on the mountain before heading down conrod.

It starts bloody sleeting and snowing and there is a thin layer of ice starting to lay down on the track while most of the cars are down on pit and mountain straights where it is nice and sunny. Lowndes is the first to arrive (from memory) and approaches the corner as he did the lap before when it was dry. He skates in on his slicks straight into the tyre wall. Instantly a nearby bogan yells out "ahahahaha Lowndsey you ********!". Was funny at the time but really poor Craig never stood a chance. As he tries to reverse out, another three or so cars also skate down the hill and render Craigs race over. As a Holden fan I was delighted.

Was such a crazy moment in the race. I have never been so entertained while being so bloody cold in my whole life.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Was waiting @ a cross section in the road one day (nice quiet suburban area with local forestry around ect) The lights went green for the people on the opposite side from me to go, and as this lady gets about 1/4 off a car length out she gets cleaned up by a R33 skyline~!. Dude tried to make it through the lights and was going pretty hard when he hit. I jumped out of the car and carefully ran over to render aid, the poor woman in the festiva had to keep her eyes shut as glass fragments/shards from her shattered windscreen was all over her face and in her mouth but other than that she was physically ok!. The bloke in the skyline was fine but his skyline & the lady's festiva which he had just wrecked where both a writeoff! Luckily though both drivers suffered no serious injuries!

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Actually now that I think about it, when I was a school kid I was on a bus that was involved in a bizarre accident.

I was on this bus heading to school and the bus driver was just pulling over to pick up a kid at one of the stops. This bus stop is just after an intersection. Anyway, as the bus opens its door and the kid was just about to step aboard, a mini dump truck loaded with building supplies, cement mixer etc takes a mega Nigel Mansell apex at speed while turning onto the same street as the bus. As he tries to go around the outside of the bus, he cuts it too fine and the back lifter tray clips the back of the bus.

I remember my head hitting those stupid bars that you have on the back of the seat in those old school busses. I then look out the right hand window to see a cement mixer travelling like a missile down the road. If it hit anyone, they would be in a world of trouble.

The tray of the truck was literally torn off with its load spewing out down the road. The bus copped a big dent right where the engine was. The bus was vibrating like a mofo. Nobody was injured. The kid who was about to step on the bus didn't manage to get on the bus before the impact. I remember the camera crew from a local TV station arriving before the cops or ambulance.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
He would be treated the same as any other idiot who did the same thing. Police operating under warning lights and sirens are still subject to the road rules and it doesn't excuse them from taking all care. Probably cost him his job
Stupid thing is... well.. down here in victoria anyways. That's not the way it goes. Hits the media for a few days and isn't heard of again, police member at worst goes back to police driving school.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
Stupid thing is... well.. down here in victoria anyways. That's not the way it goes. Hits the media for a few days and isn't heard of again, police member at worst goes back to police driving school.

they would cop (excuse the pun) the same traffic fine as the general public. The only time there "might" be a job loss issue was if there was a fatality resulting from the carelessness. Emergency services are not exempt from the road rules when attending an incident (in NSW anyway) but a blind eye is turned to their breaking the law. Even then, Police are limited by their own S.O.Ps to around 130kph when responding to an incident.... although, they often go faster. We can be charged even if we (firies) don't have an accident if we are deemed to be driving dangerously, and it does happen!