Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crazy prangs you have witnessed

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
lol, thats a cool story calaber - i can remeber the road to Jenolan caves from when i was a kid. was pretty sketchy going down in a bus on such a narrow twisty road.

one of the craziest crashes i can remember was when i was a teenager and the thing to do on a thursday night was go hang out at terrigal beach carpark (im sure anyone from the central coast can relate). so we were all 16/17 and some of us had our P's and we'd hang out there for a few hours on a thursday night till the cops ran us off.
this one night we were down there it was quite busy with alot of people doing laps around the shops and carpark with all the usual crap going on, ie, skids and stuff.

anyway, one of my mates had just got a new car, a nice new-ish liberty wagon and he was showing off in it driving past the carpark at one point heading out of terrigal. anyone familiar with the road would know its straight for a small section infront of the shops then heads up hill with a bend then a sharper bend at the top.
well he has planted it past the shops and taken the first bend at some decent speed, but not slowed down one bit - so he's a little shaky continuing up to the second bend and totally looses it overcorrecting into the retaining wall.
the liberty wasn't that badly done by, it had a fairly screwed bonnet, front bumper and guards but the rest of it was like new still.
we could only just see it from were we were down at the carpark so we start trekking up to him to help out when this dude in a rotory comes hoofing round up the hill, boosting likeing crazy - and with only a fraction of reaction time (cos he was going too damn fast!) to realise there was a car 90 degrees into a wall in the lane he tries to swerve and cleans up the tail end of my mates liberty and continues past to go head-on into a 4x4 driving in the other lane.

it was a freaking mess after that, funny thing was it took ages to clean it all up and get the three cars out of the way and there was chaos on the roads because the section where the crash was is pretty much the only way out of terrigal.
good thing was that no one got seriously injured, the dude in the rotory left in an ambo but it didn't look too serious. my mate learnt a important lesson that night, he was left paying off a huge car loan (insurance didn't cover all of it) with no car to show for it and had to buy a crappy old laser to get around in till he could afford something better.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
H i Atari

Yep, I know Terrigal very well and could imagine the site as you described the incident. Nolthing has changed there, the road is still narrow and has blind spots at crucial bends.

After reading your post, I recalled another incident involving another mate during the 70's (the '70's were very good for silly accidents, because most of the cars we drove were shitboxes).

Two mates owned the Ampol petrol station opposite Dalwood Homes at Seaforth in Sydney. The station was located on a sweeping corner, nicely cambered and always good for posing as you went through at stupid speeds with tyres screaming.

Graeme had an EH sedan, basically dead stock. This meant slippery vinyl bench seats and no seat belts.

Graeme decides one day to do a huge show off in front of us all at the garage, where we spent all our spare time. He took the corner from the Seaforth direction, meaning he was making a right hander. As he rounded the corner, he slid across the seat and lost his grip on the wheel. The EH continued in it's cornering, even though the road had straightened out. He travelled across the opposite lane (thankfully, no oncoming cars) through the front fence of the house next door to lthe garage and slotted a tree in the front yard.

And all of this happened right in front of all his mates.....duhhhhh!

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
A mate had a falcon; first car. One day he left my friend's house which is on a windey road and tries to do a skid, overcorrects straight into the neighbours yard, writing off his car and destroying they poor guys front garden.
We haven't stopped giving him **** for it and it always seams to come up every couple of weeks; there was a "hoon" page in a local paper where readers would write it and the man who my mate went through his garden wrote in :p

Mattimus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1
Saw a pretty epic 'prang' today. Driving down the main street, pretty hard rain at the time. It was right after an intersection so I'm willing to bet this guy thought he could easily drop a nice fat skid when the lights went green, which he did, but managed to put his whole car through a concrete wall in the process. Car was absolutely totaled, so was the wall haha.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
years and years ago when i was quite young we were heading down the coat and there had been a bad accident where a school bus had rolled and a few kids had died, i didnt witness it happen but saw the aftermath. i saw the bus and just got terrible cold shivers from seeing it.

TGM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec '05
I saw a truck take a 90 degree corner at 80kph! Similar to this truck, but more modern:

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00dMtQkHpcggobM/Howo-Dump-Truck.jpg

I was sitting in a right turn lane, waiting for the light to go green. This is at the bottom of a steep hill. All of a sudden I hear a truck coming down going crazy on the horn,he was doing about 80. (I know this because he was going faster than I ever would on the hill and the speed limit is 70.) Obviously he had no brakes. Unfortunatly for him there was turning traffic, so he couldnt go straight, which meant that he had to take the a left turn at 80 in a truck. He sideswiped a VT wagon, somehow made the turn, and only stopped because he hit a rock wal and a tree. Water was spewing everywhere, he also happenned to hit the houses water meter and that didnt get fixed for a few hours.

The truck was stuffed, suspension gone on the left side. The VT was ok as it only got brushed, but the drivers window was shattered and the door heavily deformed but it could still open. The driver was fine, though shaken.

I found out later that the truck had stopped halfway through an intersection at the top of the hill, then for some reason decided to keep on going even though his brakes were shot, what a tool. He had about 11 tonnes in the back, if he didnt he probably would have rolled onto the VT. Heard no engine brakes as he was coming down the hill, i don't know what was going through his head at the time but that was just stupidly reckless and he's very lucky he didnt do more damage. Just missed a car with a pregnant woman in it too.

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
I recently attended an accident where an 80 year old male turned into his driveway and an oncoming bike doing around 200ish T-boned the car.
Rider was killed (lost an arm and leg) and old guy lived.
The car was hit on passenger side with such force, both driver's side tyres came off the rims!
very messy
j

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I recently attended an accident where an 80 year old male turned into his driveway and an oncoming bike doing around 200ish T-boned the car.
Rider was killed (lost an arm and leg) and old guy lived.
The car was hit on passenger side with such force, both driver's side tyres came off the rims!
very messy
j

Glad the old dude was Ok. Absolutely zero sympathy for the bike rider.

I used to be Ok with riders a few years back, when most people rode because they were really keen on bikes. Nowadays every man and his dog rides a bike, because they are cheaper to run and can weave through traffic, and all the rules have just gone out the window.

Only wish more of them would do us a favour by removing themselves from the gene pool.

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
I agree, the witnesses said the rider hoons up street all the time, and sometimes on back wheel. They heard him winding it out in top gear on this huge long straight, and he didn't even brake he was going that quick.
j

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i attended an accident a few months back, big sweeeping bend some bloke comes round its in his VT SS, id estimate 160-180 he was off so far in the scrub we missed the accident the first time we went past we were coming from the opposite direction we turned around and headed back up the road and saw the trail of destruction, needless to saw he was quite dead