Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crazy VN mods

kiwiss5L

Pete
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 SS
hey guys on my farm i have 2 vn v6 i use for stupied **** got a small drift track in the dirt ect, already got my exaust pipes coming straight from the extractors around under the front doors, looking for ideas on and other things i can do for shits and giggles as not restricted by leagal problems ha. was thinking air intake out top of bonnet?? cheers

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yep take the best VN you have and put the motor from your VT in it :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
remove rear seats
remove aircon
remove anything else that makes them lighter (rear lights, boot, rear bumper, front bumper (leave the reo bar on))
stick a pod filter where one of the headlights goes
whack a mini spool in the diff
make them manual :D

Just for giggles, hang HUGE flat truck-stule mudflaps off the back all the way across, so as to stop dirt getting into the pod filter of the bloke behind you
Weld a solid bar or two across the outside of the driver's door to prevent intrusion if you slide into a tree
In fact, weld an external rollcage all around the front, to protect the motor in case of a bit of "contact racing". Then the cars will keep going no matter how badly you treat them :p

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Definately pod filter where the headlight goes, that looks fully sick!!! oy yeah, if you do decide to remove the Air con, can i have it??

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Sell em and buy non EFI cars. EFI cars really dont like driving through dams, I learnt the hard way lol. Get a carby car and make the biggest snorkel you can for it and have fun.

Idea's for the VN, make a snorkel anyway, so you can atleast survive a fast entry into shallow water if you catch my drift lol. Gut it from **** you dont need as morton said. Make a roll cage, but DONT make a dodgey one, the last thing you need is a roll cage that bends or crumples and you get stuck in the car.
Add a "jesus bar" for your passenger for reassurance, all windows are waste, they add wind resistance, make it hard to see through cause they collect mud, and are dangerous in an accident, remove :p
If you can find some old tractor tyres that will fit, fit them lol.
Racing stripes and bullet holes are good for atleast 20km/h more.

Im trying to think of what else we've done to our paddock bombs in the past lol.

Post Vintage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Manual
Omg the jesus bar.... I thought it was just amongst my group but it's everywhere!!!!

Patrols are king of the jesus bar. If it's a 'drift' track for the dirt then 16" rims work wicked, however if its a bit boggy get a hold of some 215/65/15's. I had a pair on my R31 skyline for burnouts and they last forever... looked wonky and not right, but it was a burnout machine -.-

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
#1 gut the car. depending how many people you want it in, remove seats accordingly. remove all interior crap. dash, what dash? ya dont need it. remove the windows, replace with plastic.

#2 build a decent roll cage.

#3 adds some good lights if driving at night.

#4 let the fun begin.

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
I have actually seen a vn on the road in Sydney with the pod filter out the bonet. Dodgy ha