Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

creaking drivers seat!!!

alan_blue

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve ss
Has anyone had or having the same problem I have? When doing any corner the drivers seat creaks as my weight is shifted, its so annoying!!!!! By the way im not a fat mess either lol

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I don't have the creaking drivers seat issue, but the fix is to have the base changed (under warranty). I seen a few that have had this done.

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
Has anyone had or having the same problem I have? When doing any corner the drivers seat creaks as my weight is shifted, its so annoying!!!!! By the way im not a fat mess either lol

Mate yes!! And it's driving me up the farkin wall also. Had it back once already and the idiots reckoned they couldn't re create the issue so they lubed the joints or something but this has not fixed it.

I need to go back again.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
yeah mine does it, and I'm 80kg

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
mine did it and it was terrible. Took it back to holden, they re-greased something, tightened something else, and she's been sweet for 2 months now. Trust me, don't stress, easily sorted

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I had this on another car, all you do is access the seat springs, and wherever there is a metal to metal join, whack some grease on it.

If you don't have grease, wd40 might work for a while.

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Yep, had mine back in for this, they greased up all the seat rails and stunk my car out, worked for a liittle while but is on its way back....

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I fought with this one for 2+ years. All under warranty, fortunately. They greased it all up countless times - smells horrible... replaced the base twice - then finally replaced the whole seat - now it's mint. Mine was actually the seat back creaking at the pivot points - only fix is a replacement.

Advanced_Amatuer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2010
Hmmm, my seat makes similar squeaks but i narrowed it down to the side bolsters,
Jiggled it abit and seems though its the material inside.

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Mine is the same plus the passenger seat has a faulty release at the top - the top half of the seat flops forward atm.

Taking it in on Wed to get it sorted :boxing:

Cheers John