Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creaking Noise

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Hey guys,

New problem with the old girl :p

Recently I have noticed a creaking sound from the front right wheel area. Sounds like a joint is creaking, wondering if there is a common fault that might cause this. Sounds like it might be something in the suspension.

It only seems to happen when that wheel moves up or down indepentantly of the car, i.e. speed humps, pot hole such like that.

My first thought was something with the sway bar, any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

LilMs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
stabilizer bar rubbers.. ?? Sounds similar to a noise I had just b4 the driver's side rubbers went..

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Thats my guess too , Had same prob and changed mine to nolathane now its all good

helicraze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8
I would be interested to know, i also have a creak or click nose in the front when the front of the car lifts or a tight turn and accelerate.

I have done bearings plates and rubber, all bushes in the car, the only thing left is the strut themselves and the springs???

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
I've started getting a noise in mine as well.When driving over the judder bars at work or pot holes in the road.
It's more of a metallic noise though,Like a bolt has worked loose a bit and it clunks.
The steering has also started to shudder a bit when turning full lock or cornering at slow speed.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
guys, another thing to check is a little stiffner brace that goes from the fire wall to the chassis rails, its a little galvinised coloured thing that 45* to the fire wall to chassis rail. if this is the problem there are 4 13mm headed nuts that hold it on and some times all they need is to be tightened slightly like an 1/8 of a turn and it can stop the noise. it sounds stupid and i wouldnt beleive it if i didnt know but have done heaps of them and 80% of the time this is it.

LilMs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
I've started getting a noise in mine as well.When driving over the judder bars at work or pot holes in the road.
It's more of a metallic noise though,Like a bolt has worked loose a bit and it clunks.
The steering has also started to shudder a bit when turning full lock or cornering at slow speed.

yeah mate sounds like mine when the rubbers went on the stabilizer bar, might wanna get under n have a look see...

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I should note it also occurs under moderate and higher braking.

Which makes me think even more it may be something with the sway bar, any more thoughts?