Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creaking Sound From Throttle Body

Blocka111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Wagon V6
I am in the middle of diagnosing if the battery, or the starter motor is gone. i am hoping its the battery.

When i turn the ignition to the "on" postion, i here the fuel prime and a slight creaking noise. When i turn the key back to "off" it creaks back. Later i identified the noise to be comign from the throttle body.. switch/soliniod jamming??? i doubt its normal? 207,000kms

Any clues anyone???

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
That is your Idle Air Control stepper motor moving into position. When the key is turned on it moves to a point set in the tune. Key off it moves back to the park position.
FWIW it shouldnt be making a creaking sound, more of a ticking noise as it "steps" the pintle out. There is a chance that that it is gummed up causing the creak, a quick clean should fix this.

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
^^ above comment is true I found this noise and thought it was not normal, but I am fairly sure it actually is. I thought it was the cruise control motor started or something to do with the cruise control anyway.