Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creaky as windscreen after replacement

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Morning all so had my windscreen replaced by Obrien about a month ago and thought it was sweet, but I'm worried now ....

So this morning bush Turkey broken my arial off my car (bloody stupid bird) and I was devistated and drove to work with low volume as it's now sort of crackley and noticed what sounds like my windscreen freaks and moans every bump and I'm not sure if I didn't notice before because of music or if it just happened??

Really sounds like the windscreen moving I check the a pillar trims and they make a different sound , any ideas? Is this something that can happen with windscreen replacements??

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Take it back to O'Briens - they have a lifetime warranty and are usually good to deal with. It can happen is glass is misaligned when installing but pretty rare.
Good Luck.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Go into their branch and get them to check it out.

Could be scuttle plate also

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Take it back to O'Briens - they have a lifetime warranty and are usually good to deal with. It can happen is glass is misaligned when installing but pretty rare.
Good Luck.

Life time warranty, so long as you're the original person that paid for it. I bought my wagon, o Brian would not offer the warranty even though it was the same car, and they failed to seal it correctly and leaked. When I asked for a price for it to be repaired, they wanted $220. I went to the local guy and $100 later sealed perfectly. The entire windscreen was loose that's how pathetic the install was. I found out o Brian installed the glue to the windscreen first, then stuck it on. This is a gamble as you just hope it touches the frame of the car. So take it back and get them to fix it and do it correctly.