Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creating an AWD Monaro.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Wow.......

This car just continues to impress. Just got home from a 5000k trip up to central Australia. And of course we had to take in the unlimited section of road to see what she can do. :)

Loaded up the camper and filled the car with the missus and kids and we were off. 12 days of just doing touristy ****.

Then we left the camper in Alice Springs for the run up north to the Devils marbles and the Unlimited sections.

Was a weird feeling, sitting on the double tonne not having to worry about if there is a cop sitting over the next hill. :)
I had done 210kph in this car before the conversion and I got scared and backed out of it. It got all floaty and didnt inspire any confidence in the car.
But now being AWD.... WOW rock solid, all the way to redline in top.

Missus clicked this with a GPS app and then said that is enough. :)

So the next day we stopped on the side of the road and got this dashcam footage.
[video]https://youtu.be/h2kZN3eq_3c[/video]
Its a bit **** with the reflection (should have taken it from the other direction) Now it was past 260 on the speedo and was doing about 4800 revs. so there is probably more in the old girl. Gives me an excuse to go back again. :)

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Wow! I wouldn't feel comfortable doing those speeds on that road... Looks really bumpy and not alot of room on either side. But still awesome none the less!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Bit of a Monaro party?

I count 3 others in shot :)

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
That's the stuff. 100km/h is crazy sleep time.

wildcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cv8 Monaro
hi, I love what you've done. I'm Extremely interested in doing this to my monaro and I was wondering if I could contact you via email or phone to discuss a few things & if possible I'd like to be able to come for a drive to adelaide and meet you and have a close look at the work that you have done so that I can ensure that I've got everything sorted in preparation for converting mine.
if this is OK with you could you please contact me at [email protected] or 0448157773. regards, Mark.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
^^^ Email sent.

Happy to help out with your conversion in any way I can.

Not much has been happening with the old girl of late.

She is booked in next month for a trans rebuild. Poor thing gets a flogging, and it has some funky shifts going on. So better off doing the tuff rebuild now before it does let go. Got a trans cooler and a custom build trans cross member to go in at the same time. Cross member allows for a bigger exhaust to be fitted. Not like the squashed stocker. Oh and almost forgot, the 3k B&M Converter is going in at the same time. Hope to wake it up off the line a bit. Nearly 2 tonnes take a bit to get off the mark. :)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
^^^ Email sent.

Happy to help out with your conversion in any way I can.

Not much has been happening with the old girl of late.

She is booked in next month for a trans rebuild. Poor thing gets a flogging, and it has some funky shifts going on. So better off doing the tuff rebuild now before it does let go. Got a trans cooler and a custom build trans cross member to go in at the same time. Cross member allows for a bigger exhaust to be fitted. Not like the squashed stocker. Oh and almost forgot, the 3k B&M Converter is going in at the same time. Hope to wake it up off the line a bit. Nearly 2 tonnes take a bit to get off the mark. :)

Is IJ doing the work?

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Yeah. He has the converter, trans cooler and trans fluid already. Just waiting on the car. So as soon as the LE is outa there... in goes the AllPaw Monaro. :)