Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creating an AWD Monaro.

Mrmotox023

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy s pack & vl
nice, sure is 1 of a kind, the vx garnish and tail lights look the part, very diffrent

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Next time I have it out of the shed I will grab a pic of the front of the car, it will show you how damn low the engine cradle sits, even as it sits now, I think you would have trouble getting a coke can under it, So I would have real trouble going any lower. But in saying that, those pics were taken with tyres that were nearly totally bald, it has new rubber now that is one profile series taller, so it actually fills the guard quite well... I will get some more pics and you can see what you think.

Fair 'nuff. Not picking btw - I like the car and tip my hat towards you for all the work you have done on something that is beyond most people.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
You sure have done a great job with this.
What did you have planned next?

Still discussing what is next. Most likely a manual conversion. But dont want to use a T56 as not sure if it will take the punishment of the AWD system, and possible supercharging. So more looking at the T6060, but then not sure if it will fit.
Have also heard of a fella in Sydney that can get the flappy paddles on the steering wheel to work with the 4 speed auto, so looking at this option too.

All just talk at the moment as have no coin to do any more. But down the track it will happen.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Still discussing what is next. Most likely a manual conversion. But dont want to use a T56 as not sure if it will take the punishment of the AWD system, and possible supercharging. So more looking at the T6060, but then not sure if it will fit.

Can't speak about fitment but the 6060 should handle the torque far better than a T56 would. How would the rest of the AWD system go?

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Rest of the driveline seems solid.

Guy that built mine has a VZ AWD tonner, 6 litre supercharged. Running around 600hp and 1000 ftlb torque. He has a trutrac in the back diff and front diff is stock. No issues so far in 12K k's.

Was a TT Coupe4 in Sydney running 10 sec 1/4s on street tyres, with stock diffs.

The 4 speed auto is the weak point in the stock driveline if you want to run some big HP, but the rest seems solid. No issues with transfer case either.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
T56 will handle 1400nm of forced induced torque no worries at all, and having the transfe hanging off the back wont load it up much more.

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Awesome effort for a cool project which doesn't use too many custom parts.

I noticed your in Adelaide, have you driven it through the Hills?

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Anyone know or have an alliance with a V8 Ute team in Adelaide? I am thinking of taking the AWD Monaro to another Hillclimb at the end of the month and the tyres those guys run would be a perfect size to fit on the Monaro rims. Just thought I could get a secondhand set and see how it goes with some sticky rubber.

Anyone??