Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Credit card

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
I need to pay for my car's repairs over the phone with my credit card, whats stoping him from using the details to buy stuff?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
it's not really in his interest as a business owner to misuse credit card numbers. in the long run it'd cost them far more than they'd gain from the fraud.
also, it's easily traceable and you can vet any charge made to your card and if necessary deny them.

HoldrodeoLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
it's not really in his interest as a business owner to misuse credit card numbers. in the long run it'd cost them far more than they'd gain from the fraud.
also, it's easily traceable and you can vet any charge made to your card and if necessary deny them.

ok thanks mate.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Yep, there is nothing stopping him from doing it. But if he does you wouldnt have to pay for it, he would be in a lot of trouble and his business would suffer. You'll be right.

Every month when i get my statement i go through each purchase and cross it off with the matching reciept. You have to keep all your reciepts for a month but that way you know if anything pops up.

HoldrodeoLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, there is nothing stopping him from doing it. But if he does you wouldnt have to pay for it, he would be in a lot of trouble and his business would suffer. You'll be right.

Every month when i get my statement i go through each purchase and cross it off with the matching reciept. You have to keep all your reciepts for a month but that way you know if anything pops up.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, you cant trust anyone these days

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
If you really don't think you can trust him...watch your statement like a hawk. Online, if you can...that way you don't have to wait for it to be mailed out to you. And if there's anything on it you disagree with, call the bank ASAP.

But yeah, as others said...as he's running a business, it wouldn't be worth it for him to commit credit fraud, so you don't really have *too* much to worry about.