Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crewman holden by design???

Eloise

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Crewman storm v6 2005
Hello guys I was just wondering if there was any Holden by design vz crewmans ever made, because mine has a bage on the tailgate and one under the bonnet but I think someone has done it as a Holden by design knock off.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Holden by Design was options/enhancements that could be ordered, fitted by Holden at the end of the production line. Wheels, sunroof etc.
Is there a HBD plate in the engine bay with a 3 letter code engraved. If so, a forum search here will explain the code and fitting.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There may have been a canopy of theirs fitted to some.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
From my 'All New Holden Crewman' brochure from back when, they showed photos of ....

Lockable hard tonneau, tray liner, colour coded steering wheel / gear lever / handbrake, sports bar, a selection of 16, 17 & 18 inch wheels, and the HBD badge. "Get personal. With Holden By Design's wide array of personalised enhancements and factory fitted extras. Log on to www.holden.com.au or see your local Holden Retailer for a full listing." All ancient history now.

The 'Features' in the brochure showed that the base Crewman could be fitted with items like alloy pedals and scuff plates from higher spec 'S' and 'SS' models.
There could have been a couple of hundred HBD Crewmans built, each one being different depending on the original owners tastes.