Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crewman won't start

Rocket400

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman
Hi guys. I have a vz crewman v6. I did an auto box swap in it and had the battery disconnected for a couple of weeks. Have put it all back together and went to fire it up battery was a little low on charge so have charged that up. Now the motor turns over but won't fire. If you turn the key on can you distinctly hear the fuel pump buzzing as not sure if I can hear it.
Cheers
Rocket.

Jasole88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I've got a similar problem so it'll be interesting what answers you get, changed ECU, PIM and TCM in my calais as it wasn't starting and multiple error codes, had them supposedly "linked and cleared" only to find out my problem was a blown fuse, now mine is turning over but can't hear the fuel pump, when I bypass the relay it works but still doesn't start...

Jasole88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
And yes you can hear it when it's working

Rocket400

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman
And yes you can hear it when it's working
G'day mate.
When I hot wire the relay, that's when I heard my pump working. It took a little bit to get fuel back up to the injectors. But when it did I let it run for a few minutes then pulled the hot wire and put the relay back and all was good. But I also replaced the fuel pump first as I didn't know about the hot wire trick
Good luck
Rod