Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crewmen - Yes / No

Ristof

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU S Ute
At the moment I have an 01 VU S Ute - 160000km on the clock

I have 1 son at the moment with thoughts of a 2nd child
Just wondering how people have gone with running a crewman as a family car

Also do you loose a lot of the tray compared to a standard Ute

The idea was to maybe sell both the wagon and the ute and get a crewman and a smaller car

What is the better year and models of the crewmans for ie. perforance, fuel econnomy, reliablity and comfort

Thanks

Ristof

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU S Ute
Other suggestions would be greatful too

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
The crewmans tray is soooo much smaller. Not even worth calling it a ute tbh, a wagon has more space.

Ristof

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU S Ute
I need a tray though as I live in a small town and often require bringing things home that wouldn't fit in a wagon or I wouldn't put in a wagon and I don't like trailers

Also it helps with loads to the tip

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
my dad has a crewman as a family car for my younger brothers, its good in theory to have a 4 door ute, the tray isnt THAT much smaller, the biggest problem is the room people in the back have, its very cramped, not so bad for kids but its not always gunna be kids in the back, and kids grow :p

Ristof

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU S Ute
my dad has a crewman as a family car for my younger brothers, its good in theory to have a 4 door ute, the tray isnt THAT much smaller, the biggest problem is the room people in the back have, its very cramped, not so bad for kids but its not always gunna be kids in the back, and kids grow :p

Thanks for that, that is what I thought but without accually sitting in one or seeing the room I wasn't 100%

I guess my main reason for thinking this way was if I had to go to lets say melbourne and pick something up that wouldn't fit in a wagon then we would either have to take two cars or I go by myself.