Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CRIKEY!!! Thats a big one, let me wrestle it!!

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Apparently this picture was taken by a Channel 7 helicopter flying
over Lake Moogerah. (For those of you who are not local, Lake Moogerah is in SE.QLD, .)
That has to be a HUGE croc to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go skiing on Lake Moogerah?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall.

B

Baritji

Sorry dude but that pic has been around since I first started comming on the internet 8 years ago........

Might be a real pic, might not be.... But there have been hundreds of background stories about it... That exact same pic has been taken in America, Mexico, England, Australia, Africa and Im sure a number of other countries... Aparrently....

Cool photo though!

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah regardless of where, he he id love to see old steve try and jump on its back. Cause i know there would be no way id go near it without a .375 h&h with 300 grainers in it.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
i read that it was actually living on an ice shelf in antarctica. it wanted the deer for its fur so it could keep warm.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i saw a doco on this 'mythical' croc on (i think) south africa. this guy was going to catch it and had all sorts of plans and traps and such. i forget the crocs name, but it was real... the biggest croc ive seen (on TV) ever. this thing was huge, you reckon steve irwin has guts, he wouldnt touch this sucker.

they wanted to trap it and relocate it cos the locals said it was responsible for a few deaths. they never caught it cos it was too smart for them :p

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
well, wattayaknow. just after i read this thread, i went out the back and saw one of these suckers retreating into the easement at the back of our block. couldn't get the camera quick enough, but i don't see the point, seeing as most of you skeptics would just try to tell me the photo had been around for years and was from africa or even somehwere completely ridiculous like antarctica.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
doesnt have to be that big to have a deer in its mouth. look at the size of the main torso, shoulder to hip, and there aint that much difference if any between the croc and the deer, so when you think about it, that dont make the croc all that big....
that and dont crocs drown there food and let it decompose for a while under the water so they can go back to it at another time, when food aint that plentiful.....a croc with a deer in its mouth aint that hard to believe, i wouldnt have thought

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Yeah well its was probably taking it back to the rocks to wedge it under there, maybe thats why it was still in it mouth. I still think that is a huge croc regardless of the relation to the head, shoulders, knees and toes. But thats me.

Cheers,
Brownie