Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CROM1E'S 2003 VY S-pack

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Found where my leak is coming from, it was a door seal after all, a little bit of the rubber has come loose so I"ll be sealing that up soon (parked undercover atm so not an issue). What kind of glue/sealant should I use? don't want to damage anything. Also been thinking quite a bit lately of all the things I want done when the money comes in (bit strapped for cash atm) so as you do when you can't spend it...you start day dreaming about spending it, so here is my latest list of things I want to do.

Aircon fix - Replacement unit from wreckers. (Didn't require replacement just got a regas)DONE
Door Seal fix. DONE...Pending heavy rain to see if it worked 100%
19" VE SSV's or 18" VZ SSZ's.
SS head & tail lights.
Full detail.

Overall I think I will need about 2k to play with to get it where I want it.

Last edited:

a.vy!

Reaction score
Members Ride
How's the rain up there? We've had like some 300mm's of rain down here in Townsville in the past 24-48 hrs, been nuts. Took the Commy out for a drive today and gave up and came home and wiped her down.

Like I said I paid $80 for an entire new condenser etc

And if your getting the tail lights, make sure to get SS VZ tail lights :D

scaled.php

I love Silver VY/Z's I was gonna buy this one for $11,000 with 95,000kms from Gold Coast.

post-31-13308328081196202408.png

post-31-1330832902397392713.png

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
not bad man...seems like whoever owned it had some serious skitzophrenic personality going on, HSV badge on the back, SS guard flutes on the sides and chev badges lol, looks like it was originally an SV6? n looking at the wheels...their clean but im sure glad I didn't go all black, they"re a bit plain.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
also as for the rain, its been absolutely belting down right now, n so it really flowed in through the leak while I had it parked at work the other day. Definately liking the look of those darker lights instead of the standard tail-lights

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Got my car booked in for tomorrow to get the air con sorted, took it in today to a wreckers to find the replacement parts for it and the bloke at the wreckers said there was nothing wrong with any of my hoses, so he sent me around the corner to another repair/servicing shop n said to get glow-gas put through it and they will be able to find the problem. They to busy to do it today but hopefully by tomorrow afternoon I will be back in business:)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
UPDATE: Air-con temporarily fixed, took it in today to a different workshop (not auto FNQ) and they said they couldn't see anything wrong, said I most likely have a slow leak somewhere so they regassed it for me n its all sweet for now, I think they used glow-gas because he said if/when it leaks again they"ll be able to find the source straight away. Absolutely pumped to have aircon again because im tired of being sticky, Lesson from all this?...if it sounds overpriced and rediculous...go and get a second or third opinion because it probably is. I'm very glad I didn't just say yes to the $700 and I'm pretty p.o'd at them anyway because I know there are people out there that would have just trusted them, I don't blame their whole workshop but I'm not happy with the 2-3 guys that looked at it and quoted that price. If anybody here is from cairns and knows the guys that run FNQ auto-air let them know that things aren't on the 100% up and up in there.

Cost - $110 for regas
Quoted - $700 for new unit
End result +$590 = Win

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Gave my car a clean up the other day, one thing I"ve found with silver cars & rims is, if the rims are spotless the whole car looks clean lol, hadn't cleaned my rims for a while and it makes a massive difference, gave them a quick clean and then sprayed some tyre shine on and it looked like a whole new car.

A/C leaked out pretty much straight away, took it in to get looked at on friday and they found it was a pipe at the front right of the engine bay (sorry no pics of late using a new computer) near where the passenger side headlight is. It had been rubbing against other metal and a hole formed. Getting it fixed on tuesday.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Aircon is all sweet now, cost me $150 to get the pipe fixed and I am now back in the cool again.

Total end result
Original Quote $700
New workshop - Regas with glow-gas - $110
New pipe + Labour - $150
Total $260
End result I'm +$440 :)

Last edited:

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
460 awesome mate :clap:
btw car looks great :)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
460 awesome mate :clap:
btw car looks great :)
lol just saw I wrote that wrong, +440 not 460...im an idiot lol. thanks for that mate, havent had much love from anybody on this thread for a while.