Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CROM1E'S 2003 VY S-pack

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
If ya go red go a dark red... i must say shes in mint condition there mate look after it

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
black, the same shade as your airbox..either that or a silver to colour code with the car.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
If ya go red go a dark red... i must say shes in mint condition there mate look after it

thanks mate, but you wouldnt believe, some freaking-oxygentheif scratched my car when i was at the shops the other day, i purposefully parked against the wall in the corner so i was only next to one car, and guess what...the parasite on that side scratched from my drivers door handle all the way down to my rear tail-light!....scum! , its not massively obvious...but i know its there..and thats enough...i just hate some people lol

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Considering at the moment whether to spend money on lowering or money or upgrading sound system first, if i lower it i will put it on pedders springs but not too low as i want to be able to get in my driveway, just a nice level that looks sweets, if i upgrade sound i was thinking of clarion or kenwood as those are the brands i had in my last car and they friggen rocked lol, was thinking a total of around a grand for my sound system but am flexible, anyone have any suggestions on what i should get and what combinations seem to get the best sound?

breaker91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S1
What you looking for quality or just loud? Clarion and kenwood are pretty average brands but on a budget aren't bad. I would recommend alpine type r splits tho they are great but only if ur gonna amp them. And kicker subbies and mono. U lookin for 2nd hand stuff or brand new?

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
My mate bought a Soundstream 1000RMS amp and a 1800w Soundstream sub for about $800 delivered all up off ebay (bought the two seperate). You can feel the air moving even though the sub is in the boot.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
i plan on amping them no doubt, no point upgrading without an amp, not too fussed if its 2nd hand or brand new with the head unit amp and sub, but i think ide want to get new speakers

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
ive got alpine type s splits and 6x9s sound quality is really good, type rs are obviously better but i didnt have the spare $ at the time so if ur on a budget the type s's are good

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
cool man, how much did your setup cost you n whats the diff in price between type S and type R?

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
i paid 900 installed and got the 6x9s, splits, deck, facia, speaker grills. i already had a sub and amp so just told them to throw that in.

and i think its about $100 difference with type r compared to the type s. with type x's being even more than type r