Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cross8 clunk

yowiie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
Sorry, delete reference to searching Ford forums. Their search function is rubbish … 'transfer case' will get 500 hits, 450 of which are irrelevant.
There are a lot of posts about vibrations, clunks etc, but no answers. The main suggestion is the '3rd bush' which is not a Holden thing.
As for you rotation movement in the front tail-shaft, it could be transfer case.

Maybe forum members with an Adventra could add constructive ideas.
I decided to get a second opinion on the issue, so went to Inverell to a 4wd place and talked to a guy that was holden mechanic, he checked all oils in diffs and transfer case which were good as I had already replaced them. He checked the driveshafts and he said that they were both fine.they had only slight movement and wasn't a problem
He took the car for a drive for half an hour and he is quite confident that its a gear box issue, as I mentioned earlier the clunk was only there around 60klms/hr and he verified that it only happens when its under load and going up hill. If its dropped back into 3rd the problem isn't there.
He suggested I put an additive in it which I did but it didn't change anything
So I guess I talk to an auto trannie guy and see what he suggests