Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crow cam stage 3 buick

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
Hey steve im putting a stage 3 crow cam i got off a mate into my vp was just wondering if i need to run a double row timing chain or can i use the stock one? Also can you tell me were i can get the washer that sits between the cam gear and the cam to space the gear off the cam?

Thanks buddy

Ill also have to buy some valve springs for it can u recomend the ones i need

MACE

Reaction score
"Hey steve im putting a stage 3 crow cam i got off a mate into my vp was just wondering if i need to run a double row timing chain or can i use the stock one?"
Ideally yes. If it's a tight budget thrasher then don't worry about it LOL

"Also can you tell me were i can get the washer that sits between the cam gear and the cam to space the gear off the cam?"
These guys may have something
Engine & Transmission Parts

"Ill also have to buy some valve springs for it can u recomend the ones i need"
We have springs in stock to suit

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok thanks also what else would i need and to run the cam and is there a way i can put the cam in without taking the heads off cause the head gaskets arnt that old and i dont want to waste them lol and yeh its a cheap fun car so im not going to worrie about a timing chain. Also can u tell me what gaskets ill need to get for the install? And i was told to advance the timing via the camgear how do i go about this and is it worth i? Ill be buying springs in the next few days and i want to know if i have to get anything else

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also lol is there some way u can tell me what size the spacer is behind the cam gear that comes with the stage 3 crow cam my mate told me there was one but its not there now (in the box)

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
I already own the cam and chip tune

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
oh right just that comes with the lot im pretty sure

MACE

Reaction score
Ok thanks also what else would i need and to run the cam and is there a way i can put the cam in without taking the heads off cause the head gaskets arnt that old and i dont want to waste them lol and yeh its a cheap fun car so im not going to worrie about a timing chain. Also can u tell me what gaskets ill need to get for the install? And i was told to advance the timing via the camgear how do i go about this and is it worth i? Ill be buying springs in the next few days and i want to know if i have to get anything else

“Ok thanks also what else would i need and to run the cam and is there a way i can put the cam in without taking the heads off cause the head gaskets arnt that old and i dont want to waste them lol”
Heads won’t need to come off, but the inlet manifold, along with the lifters will

Also can u tell me what gaskets ill need to get for the install?
Inlet manifold and timing cover gasket.

And i was told to advance the timing via the camgear how do i go about this and is it worth i?
Degree the cam in to the cam specs

I’ll be buying springs in the next few days and i want to know if i have to get anything else
That’s about it

Also lol is there some way u can tell me what size the spacer is behind the cam gear that comes with the stage 3 crow cam my mate told me there was one but its not there now (in the box)
No idea sorry, try contacting crow direct.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve