Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

crow cams and high ratio rockers?

UP THE RED VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE UTE
Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I think you can get better power with a cam and the rockers? And also i think it says I can't have a stage 3 but

Lift is lift. Doesn't matter if it comes with higher ratio rockers and a cam with less lift, or if it comes from a cam with the lift already there.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Lift is lift. Doesn't matter if it comes with higher ratio rockers and a cam with less lift, or if it comes from a cam with the lift already there.

Far from the truth. You have to take into account everything else when dealing with cams. You need to look at LSA, duration, ramp rates and so on. Just going by a lift figure to say how good a cam is, is crap.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Far from the truth. You have to take into account everything else when dealing with cams. You need to look at LSA, duration, ramp rates and so on. Just going by a lift figure to say how good a cam is, is crap.

I realise that, I was just pointing out that the Crow Cam and rockers was pretty damn close specs to the COMP cam with stock rockers.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"i was wondering how much extra rwkw i could roughly expect with a crow cam stage 2 with 1.98 high ratio rockers?"

I would expect to see gains of about 20-30kw depending on what other mods are carried out, like cold air induction, exhaust etc.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,

Jason