Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crow Cams Stage 2 Kit

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
Hey guys im thinkin of getting a stage 2 crow cam kit just been on the website but i couldnt find prices does anyone know how much this will cost?
any help appreciated:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Why don't you email them and find out?

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
does that come with memcal, springs, lifter, etc.. I got quoted $1906 from crow with all those parts and other bits needed

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
i bought the stage 3 a while ago and it comes with everything, chip, springs, retainers etc etc, it cost around 1800 - 2000

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
any feed back on the crow cams cam/chip packages. i just bort a stage 3. not sure if it's coz i don't quite have my tune rite yet but i'm not totally satisfied. maybe i was expectin to much

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
from what i have heard they are a good kit but the chips can be a bit crappy.
Also with the stage 2 and 3 kit, increse compression to around 9.5:1 and the cam package will love it. also a qiuck port will help matters if u have a good exhaust.

i have a mate with a stage 2 kit and they sound really good and it goes way better then the std or slighty modified 5ltr. he reckons it has around 215-220 kw's at the fly.

i'm planning putting in the camshaft when i get enough time.

try repco or sum where like that. i had a bloke a repco that quoted me around 1,000 for the kit.
cheers

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
got all of what youv said and an auto to suit i'm tryin some diferent diff gears. it goes alot better than standard but i just expected more from a stage 3 kit

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
why dont u get your orignal cam ground to stage two specs then get it remapped by your local chip expert. i can get my cam ground to stage two in wa for around 120 and it chiped by chipmaster for 800

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
i got a reply this is what the said

Hi
we do 3 kits for the 304 EFI
Stage 1
Hi torque 185 kw will run with most exhausts cost $1007

Stage 2
this gives around 200Kw the kit has a cam lifters memcal and valve springs
Cam kit cost $1086
The kit also needs a twin cat exhaust these engines are really very exhaust sensitive there is up to 30 kw difference between the best and worst exhaust (some are really bad) the headers are $497 the system is $ 645 and the extra cat is $350
this kit will run with a stock auto but would be better with a 2000 rpm stall converter

Stage 3
this gives around 215Kw the kit has a cam lifters memcal and valve springs hardened valve locks
Cam kit cost $1097 inc Tax
The kit also needs a twin cat exhaust these engines are really very exhaust sensitive there is up to 30 kw difference between the best and worst exhaust (some are really bad) the headers are $497 the system is $ 645 and the extra cat is $350
will run with stock auto but really needs a 2200 rpm stall and lower diff gears to launch properl

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
the stage 3 kit also requires ur heads to be 'blueprinted' for maxium power and to ensure the kit works properly..

the stage 3 kit will lose more low down power to the stage 2 kit, so it may not be all that good for a daily driver. if u get a mild port and plane on ur heads the stage 2 kit will produce 215kw's.

also u need to also factor in the cost of gasket sets, coolant and oil.
If u are doing it urself make sure that u dial the cam in correctly.
goodluck