Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crow Cams Stage 2 Kit

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
i think maybe i was expecting a bit much. although the article i read on the stage3 kit said that it could be used with standard converter and gears. i think that i got ripped hard by the guy that done my heads. what would you pay for decent head work.

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0/vy sv8/r31 rb20
decent head work will cost you well in excess of 1500 bux depending on wat you get done of cause, but id say 1500 would get you a good port job and shave a bit off for higher comp. etc.

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
yeh i think i'm goin to look into better head work. the reason i didn't go to far with this was because i was under the impressin that the standard heads flow to around 400 hp

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
the standard heads flow 430hp, a little work see's them to 500!!

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea they definately dont need much porting either,they are quite a good head to start with. a little goes quite a long way with them.

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
when you say that the heads don't need much. what do you mean. like is it worth spendin 1500 or would my money be better else where. i see all these guys puttin out insane horse power with a 308 and they don't seem to list any items that i don't have. so where is all the power cumming from.

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
man depends on how far you wana go power wise. all motors will respond well to head work though if you go and put heads that flow 550hp on a standard bottom end its not gunu be worth your while. you want to match everythin as best as you can. if you do say zorst,cam,tune i would sugest just a mild port job (just a tidy up and shave) as vn+ heads are quite good that would make it all worth your while. if you want 250kw plus stroker than spend the money,get them flowed to 500hp+ get wat i mean

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
definitly make sure your compression ratio is raised to suit the cam requirements. also check the cam timing, getting a new adjustable timing set is well worth the money also

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
i'm gunna find out my comp ratio as i know it's not standard but i'm not sure what it actually is. i've already got a 9 key way double row timming chain in and is dialled in. i'm still havin doubts on my base timing. not sure what to set it at for the stage 3 kit need to get onto crow cams. the more advance i go the better it runs.

also can any1 tell me the motor that is in my car is out of a vr senator. will it have groupA injectors or just standard 5.0l ones.

i'm thinkin of goin twin tb

matty8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L T5 Ute
hey guys i looked at the crow site at the 304 cam and chip packages but it doesnt mention stage 1,2,3 etc just the cam specs and nothing about whether the kit includes springs, lifters etc.... $1000 sounds good for the stage 2 or 3 kits i called coventrys today but they never got back to me with prices.....

so around 215kw with a stage 3 kit, any idea on torque figures?

does any1 know how much i would have to shave off the heads to get 9.5:1 comp on a std bore engine?