Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CRS kit does a 12.9 1/4

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Just ran IBLOWN tonight at the drags and came home with a 12.983 @ 104.65mph with a 60 foot time of 1.826 secs. Pretty happy with that since its a so called crap blower.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
thats awesome mate, considering injecting and blowing my vk but i think thats a while 2 come, but yeh with that amount of boost and stuff thats tonnes good

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
congratulations IBLOWN!

i'm going to be running mine in about a week or so! i'm aiming for a 14.5 non cooled and at 6-8psi, maybe a little quicker on good tyres.

have you had a look at the guts of the charger since running it on that high-a boost?

a lot of people say that they start to fall apart after being revved so high, but then again, a lot of people also say that the 'crs kit does nothing at all' and 'the blower is too tiny to do anything' :)

if it aids ya in any way, as a power figure, a mate's vs with l67, 10psi pulley and roller rockers (plus exhaust and other boltons) made 167kw @ wheels. as a comparison.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers dude!
as ive said, the blower starts to burn (not rip) the flourine resin coating due to heat not so much rpm. when intercooled they run much much cooler due to the air having somewhere to expand i.e the intercooler piping hence the cooler temp of the blower its self. i wouldnt reccomend running anything more that 5-6 psi unintercooled because of that heat problem.

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Yes indeed, very well done. Just goes to show how many people are wrong about the sc14 blowers. Out of interest what diameter is you pulley, is it the standard crs high boost option or smaller again? Cause mine only blows around 6psi thru the cooler etc. Have heard the otput can vary significantly from blower to blower too tho

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
well done
nice times
i have one of these and so may ppl think they crap but for the cash its fine
launches so much harder

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Great stuff mate, your car is probably the best example of what CRS kits are capable of. Id rather go a CRS kit than a more expensive raptor centrifugal setup, with some of the results that have been seen from them.

If you dont mind me asking, how much have you spent?

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
semi said:
Great stuff mate, your car is probably the best example of what CRS kits are capable of. Id rather go a CRS kit than a more expensive raptor centrifugal setup, with some of the results that have been seen from them.

If you dont mind me asking, how much have you spent?

Not much at all because all the work was done myself except the piping. would cost a shiteload if you were to give it to a workshop though. alot of hours spent, much more than dollars.