Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control/electric arial

n1tr0us

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR acclaim
How's it goin, I have a 1994 VR acclaim and have two problems at the moment that i thought you guys could maybe help me with.

What would be the cause of cruise control not turning on, ive cheecked all the fusses and they seem all ok. when i push the on botton nothing happens no light comes up on the dash or anything.

the other is the electric arial not exetending when the head unit is turned on

Where would i start looking and will it be costly?

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
n1tr0us said:
How's it goin, I have a 1994 VR acclaim and have two problems at the moment that i thought you guys could maybe help me with.

What would be the cause of cruise control not turning on, ive cheecked all the fusses and they seem all ok. when i push the on botton nothing happens no light comes up on the dash or anything.

the other is the electric arial not exetending when the head unit is turned on

Where would i start looking and will it be costly?

Perhaps check the brake light switch and cruise control switch on the brake pedal, if either of these aren't working, then the cruise won't operate, its designed as a failsafe system.

On the electric antenna, did you just install the headunit? There is a wire that comes out of the headunit to trigger the amp to come on, that wire is also used to tell the BCM to put the antenna up, so you need to connect that wire to the original wiring in order for it to work.

n1tr0us

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR acclaim
Oh ok thanx yeah ill have alook at the swtiches.

naa i didnt install the unit, just bought the car with it allready installed, ill pull it out and cheeck that wire.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
check the brake switch first, if thats ok take the shroud off the column and check if the wires to the cruise arent cut. The blinker arm cuts them and then it wont work.

seabass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 3.8 M5
i rekon chek the wires, mine were severed which is quite common. as for your aerial if it is electrical, assuming it only goes up and down, no verious height, there shud be 2 wires pisitive, to your head unit and an earth (negative , not much to it just c if u can trace the wires