Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise Control fitting to VY

kricket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
Hi,

Just wondering has anyone gone thru installing cruise control in their VY?

I have a VY Series 1 and would like to add cruise control to it, does anyone know what is needed, is it complicated or too expensive to worry about?

Cheers

Kristopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I had cruise control installed in my VY when I bought the car. I got them to put it in at the holden dealer when they did the service on the car. From memory I think it was around $300 for parts and labour to install it.

kricket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
thanks,

i will most probably give holden a call tommorow to enquire about this

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
i used to have a vt exec which didnt have cruise control which i added.

you need:

cruise control module
throttle cable
indicator stalk with cruise buttons
wiring..

i have seen add on wiring harnesses for cruise control on ebay which appear to just work as an addon to the existing harness in the car

if you have all this it would be a relatively easy process to install.

when i installed it i did it the hardest way possible and made my own wiring harness which turned out to provide hours and hours of painstaking fun... :whistling

matt

kricket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
thanks for the reply

Just got a quote from holden, $377 plus $200 for fitting, if i got the full kit, you reckon, it would be difficult to do, is there any programming required for the cruise, etc.. to show up on the lcd?

Cheers

Kristopher

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
thanks for the reply

Just got a quote from holden, $377 plus $200 for fitting, if i got the full kit, you reckon, it would be difficult to do, is there any programming required for the cruise, etc.. to show up on the lcd?

Cheers

Kristopher

Is your Vy a V6 or V8?

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
when i installed it it was in a vt but i doubt the vy would be too much different..

i didnt need anything programmed as the cruise module works as a pretty much standalone unit.

the only thing i can think of is that perhaps something may need to be enabled with tech2 so that the lcd screen in the cluster shows when the cruise is enabled and active... but i cant say for certain.

as for the parts, try ebay and perhaps wreckors, you could be able to pick the parts up a bit cheaper. you will probably need to get the wiring from holden to make life easier on yourself, but the stalk and cruise control module can usually be picked up pretty cheap

matt :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I would imagine that you would need the tech2 as the airbag on the steering wheel would have to be reset. (I think the steering wheel has to come off to replace the indicator stalk with the cruise control one.)

W

way089

Just installed my kit which I got from amcap for $220.00 comes with full instructions from Holden took me four hours to install no need for tech2 ecu picks it up.no need to remove steering wheel just the covers on column.Its very easy to do.