Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control issue VE 2

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
So Ive got a VE 2 Calais as a daily now and it has an issue I cant figure out.

If I start it without completing the system check it has had no AC, no IQ, no audio display/control (this happened once only) but the most common is no cruise control (which I use daily)

If I turn the key and do the system check and then start the engine sometime I have no cruise, sometimes it comes on and then drops out and sometime everything works great.

So do I have a ignition issue? IQ/software issue? or something else I don't know about. I haven't been to a mechanic yet I'm just trying to figure it out first. Before I get quotes.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I've had a similar problem.
Hooked up a Tech II, came up with a 'ser comms' error, and couldn't scan the entertainment system.
Required a replacement IQ.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Check the brake switch, small little adjustment and all good re cruise

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Cheers guys.

Ill have to get a tech 2 onto it next time it plays up. I assume a IQ replacement was expensive?

Where is the brake switch? (im a noob with electronics)

I turn the key, wait for the system check, start the engine. Wait for the headunit/IQ to load up and then when I press the end button to turn cruise control on/off I get nothing. Some times it come on so I set the speed and it'll drop out 30 seconds later and wont turn back on unless and turn the car off and restart the engine.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Cheers guys.

Ill have to get a tech 2 onto it next time it plays up. I assume a IQ replacement was expensive?

Where is the brake switch? (im a noob with electronics)

I turn the key, wait for the system check, start the engine. Wait for the headunit/IQ to load up and then when I press the end button to turn cruise control on/off I get nothing. Some times it come on so I set the speed and it'll drop out 30 seconds later and wont turn back on unless and turn the car off and restart the engine.
The IQ was replaced in the last month of warranty, not sure of the cost.
Your cruise control issue may be a separate problem, I had a very similar issue, it required a new stalk.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I had a similar problem with IQ, A/C which was related to speedo input (DTC B1010), which obviously has inputs to cruise control:
System Sensor Data Mismatch Invalid Odometer Signal
Possible Sensor Faults

umyja7e4.jpg

I should mention this happened after low battery failed starts, charged and IQ went into boot loop :confused:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Thanks guys.

Hopefully when I get it to a mechanic its a CC stalk issue cos the IQ is damn expensive. The IQ issue only happened once or twice in 6 months now.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Just an update here, local Holden dealer said it could be linked to the tail lights. I checked them and they were all working so I went ahead and changed the indicator stalk about a fortnight ago and I haven't had an issue with cruise since. $50 in parts for a brand new stalk