Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control not turning on

Danny40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VL (Speedway)
Hi guys, long time lurker, picked up a VZ SV6 (auto) a couple of days ago and have some problems with the cruise control.

When pressing the on/off button, nothing happens. Nothing comes up on the dash, fiddling with the set and reset switches does nothing either. Have tried it multiple times 10/20/30 mins into a trip after many applications of the brakes, and my brake lights are working as they should.

I've never had a car with cruise before, so I've got no idea. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

Thanks.

Danny40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VL (Speedway)
Yep, tried it at 50, 60, 80 etc and still wont even turn on

My parents picked up an SVZ at the same time and I've tried the same method in both cars, the SVZ works fine but doing the same thing in mine just doesn't work

Danny40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VL (Speedway)
And also, it's not just that it wont activate, I can't get it to turn on in the first place..

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Yeah sounds like the button's not working. Did you buy it from a dealership? If so, isnt there a 48 hour period where you can return a car if it is not in the condition it was advertised as?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
did you check the fuse??

Danny40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VL (Speedway)
Yea got it from a dealership, have the standard 3 month warrany, he just wasn't keen on fixing small things so I can see having to fight it.
How hard it it to pull apart the stalk and have a look at the button, or give it to a sparky?

I did check the fuse (although not before I posted this, doh) and it's fine. It says it's the same fuse for the mirrors anyway and they were working fine.

Cheers for the help guys :)

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
you gotta remove the airbag and wheel to get to the stalk, so if your not confident, i'd give it to a sparky

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
fisrt step, check all of your brake light globes. if any of them dont work, it wont engage, as it uses the brake circuit as a safety cut off feature.