Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise Control not working

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Hi guys, this is my first post and it has to start with a problem. I try looking in the other other posts but to no success but if i'm wrong i'll apoligise in advance.

Ok, the problem I am faced with is that my cruise control refuses to work! It does not light up or do anything. This has only happened since I had a major service done a month ago. I just thought it was just a fuse, so I checked it and the fuse was fine. According to the fuse panel other components run on the same fuse but all other accessories work. Unless i'm wrong!

I also tried checking with the system check (dash lights) and cruise is lit up but when I put it into drive it does not, no cruise active or anything happens. I did also check wiring to stalk and to the pedal but still to no success.

Hope someone can shed some light on the subject and hope it's something simple to resolve.

Cheers in advance for any help given.

Ray

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Hey Ray, If the problem only appeared after you had the service, I personally would go back to the service joint and ask them what they did that could bring on the problem. It's more than likely something simple, and they may be able to go righr to the ares where the fault is, hopefully!....just a thought, did they adjust the brake switch? as that cancels the cruise when the brake is applied.

Pablo

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
I did contact them but they said internal componants were not touched as the engine was the only item getting serviced. All they did was change the oil, air filter, oil filter, spark plugs, injection flush, replaced the water pump, water coolent, top-up other levels. All in all $700 then I get a nice surprise, my cruise control don't work!

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Just thinking about what you said, could it be a faulty brake switch or could it be the stalk itself but indicators work fine?

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
People have reported before that blown brake bulbs can stop the cruise working. Have a look to see if all your brake lights are working...

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
If I do a test, hold down trip button and down/up buttons and turn key all lights on dash light up including the cruise sign. So im guessing by doing that the bulb has not blown.

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Got the same problem with my VT m8, one day me cruise worked then the next day it doesnt.I can turn it on while in the accessories spot but as soon as the car is primed for kick over it goes off and won't turn back on.I replaced the indicator/cruise arm and still there.so any info on this would be great.Gunna have a sus around today while i replace me water pump ; )