Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise Control patch harness

Dirtyv6

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8 V6
Hi guys,
looking at installing cruise into the VS ute, but no wiring to support it installed. I've checked in the engine bay, under the dash and there's nothing.
I've found a guy selling a patch harness from Holden, but I just wanted to check some things first.
1. are there 2 looms in the patch kit? one for the engine bay and one for the cab
2. What would the part no. be for them?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Matter of fact I do have the exact kit you are talking about which I bought back in 2001 and only ever fitted the engine side of things and not the instrument panel side apart from the new indicator stalk. It wants you to remove the brake booster and cut a hole in the firewall, something I wasn't keen on doing to a then near new car.

I'll pull it out in the morning and have a look at it as I am about to finally finish the job so that I can finally use the Cruise on a trip to Melbourne. It's taken a while but it will happen.

The guy who's got only the engine side of the kit is just way over the top price wise and that's why he's still got all this stuff. He wanted nearly $1,000 for a VL Group A Workshop Manual Supplement, believe it or not he's still got it, surprise surprise.

Dirtyv6

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8 V6
Apart from the cutting holes in the firewall, was the rest of it just plug and play? I think for the VR you needed a new BCM and keys to match, but I was pretty sure that any level BCM in VS supported cruise.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
No new BCM required, just wiring additions in the relay fuse panel area. I have the official instructions for it all but don't use a third party image hosting service, thus I can't scan it and put it up for all to see.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
There are two (2) harnesses that make up the cruise patch kit, firstly 92046968 which is the engine bay harness and 92053190 which is the instrument panel side harness. Along with that you will require one relay and a cruise control equipped brake light switch which are a fairly standard item from back in the VL days and also the cruise equipped indicator stalk to replace the the standard non cruise unit.

I'm pretty sure you are looking at the harnesses that the eBay seller "tufoptions" is selling ? If so I would be careful as the Instrument Panel side harness that he has is infact a VR unit which is part number 92046987 and not the VS unit which is 92053190. I to feel that the CM would be changed in a VR thus the 2 different Instrument Panel harnesses.

Sadly he doesn't have the one to suit the VS Instrument Panel.

PS. I still haven't installed mine as yet as I'm waiting for better weather to arrive.

Jamiew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
No new BCM required, just wiring additions in the relay fuse panel area. I have the official instructions for it all but don't use a third party image hosting service, thus I can't scan it and put it up for all to see.
Any chance you could scan & email. Trying to fit one now . . .

dads ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
I realise this thread is wayyy old but rather than start another thread the same does anyone have the installation instructions for the original patch looms for VS. I have both engine bay and dash side looms and all other bits required. Just need to know where each plug / wire goes. Cheers

dads ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
There are two (2) harnesses that make up the cruise patch kit, firstly 92046968 which is the engine bay harness and 92053190 which is the instrument panel side harness. Along with that you will require one relay and a cruise control equipped brake light switch which are a fairly standard item from back in the VL days and also the cruise equipped indicator stalk to replace the the standard non cruise unit.

I'm pretty sure you are looking at the harnesses that the eBay seller "tufoptions" is selling ? If so I would be careful as the Instrument Panel side harness that he has is infact a VR unit which is part number 92046987 and not the VS unit which is 92053190. I to feel that the CM would be changed in a VR thus the 2 different Instrument Panel harnesses.

Sadly he doesn't have the one to suit the VS Instrument Panel.

PS. I still haven't installed mine as yet as I'm waiting for better weather to arrive.
Hey vs-lover, any chance of getting a copy of the installation instructions. Happy to cover costs, postage etc. Cheers

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey vs-lover, any chance of getting a copy of the installation instructions. Happy to cover costs, postage etc. Cheers

I'll have a look as I'm sure I've still got them tucked away in a folder. Maybe I should scan them and that way I could email them to you.

dads ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
I'll have a look as I'm sure I've still got them tucked away in a folder. Maybe I should scan them and that way I could email them to you.
Mate that would be great.

Last edited: