Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise Control

pcp20us

Reaction score
The cruise control on my VR acclaim has the following problem

The cancel or de-acclerate button doesn't work. Everyting else works fine.
I've had a look and found that it go's into a black box down near the front left hand side under the bonnet. Im assume that these connections are electrical and wonder if anyone has work on these.

Happy Holdening

Pete

M

micheledip

You have to replace the whole indicator arm inside the car becasue you can't just get the button fixed.

costs around $80

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I know you can fix the indicator/cruise stalf because I did it and it all comes apart there is nothing glued in it you just need to release the little clips that hold it together once you take it off the column.
If you are handy with a soldering iron fixing a dud switch should be a piece of piss.
It could be one of the wires from the switch to the connector is broken and open circuit if it isn't the switch ......mine was....it was where the wire was griped by a sort of baffle inside the stalk just before it comes out and runs down to the wiring plug .
Which button doesn't work 1 the on/ off 2 the set coast or the 3 the resume accelerate button?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
here's a bit of a rough diagram of the cruise set up

pcp20us

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys and diagram.

I just went and tested it.

The set/coast button doesn't do anything.
To actual set the cruise speed you hit the resume/cancel button ? Seems strange.
If you set the cruise speed then hit the brake to diengage the crusie control, then you hit the resume/accl button then hit it again this will set you at your new cruise speed. This to me sounds strange as you can use the resume button for setting the speed ???

Pete

pcp20us

Reaction score
You can ignore the above post. there was a broken wire under the sterring column housing.

Holden On