Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cruise / indicator stalk

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Not sure if this has been asked before , but is it possible to wire up a series 2 cruise control/ indicator stalk to a series 1 vx
ta Dayvo

tungsten_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Certainly is!

Just need to figure out the wiring pin outs as the plugs are different. I managed to find the plugs to fit these from Aerpro. Can give you the part numbers if your interested I think I have them around here somewhere. I also figured out the wiring pinouts if you want them.

Hope this helps

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
yes please :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: could you please post them on here just incase anyone else needs the info too.
Cheers

tungsten_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Hey I have put the wiring colours in the attached word file. Sorry for the quality but it was a bit of a rush job.

The connectors you need are aerpro 711736 & 711398T. I ordered them from www.gimmecarparts.com.au

These plug straight in to the new switches so just solder the wires onto your car matching the pinouts with the colours shown in the doc. The only one I haven't supplied you with is the cruise control as I cant find a connector to fit it so I just cut the plug off and used a narva 4way connector instead. I cant find the wiring diagram I had for the cruise but its easy to figure out with a multimeter anyway. I would recommend checking it on the bench before you plug it in to make sure the wiring is correct. It should be as I followed this diagram on my car and no problems. I actually got it out of a friends series 2 VX for the wiper switch because I couldnt figure it out with a multimeter. The indicator is easy to guess with a multimeter but following this diagram should work.

By the way - I accept no responsibility for anyone stuffing this up!!! :bop:

View attachment WiperIndicatorVX.doc

Hope this helps you out. The series two switches are heaps better than the series one - even the better half commented on how much smoother they work than the old ones. Although the old ones might have been a bit worn or something.

Ask me if you have any other questions I will see if I can help.

Thanks